- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
- Product Engineering
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations be resilient to cyber attacks. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive insurance to help organizations recover from failures and breaches. We serve over 42,000 customers, ranging from small and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from leading global technology investors, including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Vy Capital, Hillhouse Capital, and Valor Equity Partners, among others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is global with employees based across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Portugal.
About the role
In the Carriers and Insurance Products role, you will lead a variety of strategic, analytical, and operational projects to enhance carrier relationships, build insurance operations, help launch new insurance products, and assist with our international expansion. You will partner with senior leaders and external carrier partners to support our growth efforts while managing and strengthening our most important relationships.
Accordingly, we are looking for a highly talented and organized individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment to join our team. Candidates should have excelled at an (re)insurance broker or carrier, or related field; or demonstrated a keen interest in risk management industries. We are looking for a proactive individual who takes ownership over initiatives and drives execution with limited oversight.
- Manage and lead day-to-day interactions with carrier partners on variety of product, growth, and compliance areas
- Work cross functionally with product, engineering, and insurance teams to drive efficiencies and enable quality control through automation and process
- Assist and coordinate creation of policy forms, endorsements, and rating models on new and existing products
- Guide carrier audits, respond to ad hoc requests, and perform related analysis
- Effectively collaborate and communicate analyses, results, and insights with internal and external teams
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree. MBAs and those with advanced degrees are welcome to apply too
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management abilities combined with impeccable business judgment. Experience executing strategic and operational initiatives
- Highly organized and systemic approach to identifying and solving problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial, and value points with partners and internal Coalition teams
- Self-directed and self-motivated; excellent communicator and collaborator
Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
- Coalition Raises $175M to Build the Future of Commercial Insurance
- Forbes.com - Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2020
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.