- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Product Management
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations be resilient to cyber attacks. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive insurance to help organizations recover from failures and breaches. We serve over 42,000 customers, ranging from small and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from leading global technology investors, including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Vy Capital, Hillhouse Capital, and Valor Equity Partners, among others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is global with employees based across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Portugal.
About the role
Do you love storytelling and using creative content to make complex topics approachable? Are you able to jump between brainstorming new content ideas and diving into the data to understand what’s working?
Coalition is searching for a creative, experienced, and collaborative head of content marketing to set the vision and strategy for our content marketing program and lead content efforts across our website, sales collateral, and customer education content. You will work in close collaboration with our PMM, digital & demand gen, and sales teams to deliver high-quality, impactful content to both insurance brokers and small and midsize businesses searching for capabilities to reduce their cyber risk.
You will partner with our digital & demand and PMM teams to build high-velocity content to scale our inbound engine. You’ll also be a key partner in the creative process as we embark on new forms of educational content to engage a wider audience.
- Design and drive a content strategy that can support our ambitions to scale our marketing and pipeline goals as well as support brand awareness efforts. Create and manage a content calendar that consistently delivers high-quality content on time.
- Create a joint plan to turn our website into an engine for inbound marketing with digital & demand and product marketing. Partner with our digital & demand and product marketing teams to map out content journeys for brokers and policyholders and create high-quality content to support every stage of the journey.
- Partner with our digital & demand and product marketing to determine the content themes and keywords to integrate across different content formats. Develop content for a variety of digital formats including SEO-driving blog posts and articles, reports, infographics, videos, and more.
- Expertise on maximizing the value and reach of our content by turning high-performing assets into derivative assets that can be used in multiple channels - such as short-form video, infographics, short reports, and more. T’est content partnerships, syndication, and other amplification opportunities.
- Adept at translating data on website trends and content performance into new content ideas.
- Build and manage a team of content marketers as well as contractors in support of these efforts.
Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in content marketing and copywriting. At least 3+ years of people management experience.
- Exceptional storyteller with the ability to translate complex topics into approachable narratives. Comfortable tailoring content to address individual audiences and personas.
- Track record for meeting deadlines and multitasking and prioritizing projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills, and proven track record in making data-driven decisions to continually optimize performance and determine future investments.
- Experience with SEO and keyword tools including Google Search Console as well as digital tools like Marketo & content management solutions like Contentful.
- Ability to participate strategically as well as operate tactically. Comfortable presenting results and facilitating conversation with all levels of the company from the exec team through individual contributors.
- Influential leader who values team culture, morale, and building strong relationships.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, both at the executive level and with peers and cross-functional teams. Can clearly articulate ideas, frame problems and offer solutions. Experience working cross-functionally with product marketing, digital & demand generation, design, sales, and other functions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are outcome- focused, enthusiastic, and not afraid to take risks.
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
- Coalition Raises $175M to Build the Future of Commercial Insurance
- Forbes.com - Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2020
- Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- Coalition is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.