- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 12, 2021
- Product Management
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations be resilient to cyber attacks. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive insurance to help organizations recover from failures and breaches. We serve over 42,000 customers, ranging from small and midsize businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from leading global technology investors, including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Vy Capital, Hillhouse Capital, and Valor Equity Partners, among others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is global with employees based across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Portugal.
About The Role
Coalition is looking for a hands-on Lifecycle Marketing Manager to help lead the email communication strategy for our users. The ideal candidate is a marketing operations expert who can define the optimal communication strategy and implement it through a fast and robust test-and-learn cycle. This person will be responsible for leveraging email automation and CRM technology to enable segmented, personalized, relevant, and dynamic engagement and retention strategies.
- Continuously optimize content, timing, and cadence of lifecycle communications to improve user experiences.
- Develop a deep understanding of your audience and their cybersecurity wants and needs.
- Understand Coalition’s company goals and find cohesion between audience needs, Coalition goals, and lifecycle marketing capabilities to build your strategies.
- Identify areas for improvement, pertaining to gaps in the customer experience or shortfalls in key business metrics--hypothesize tactics and possible outcomes.
- Prioritize experimentation roadmap.
- Create, execute, and analyze experiments to improve metrics.
- Share learnings of experiments to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Establish lifecycle marketing KPIs and reporting framework to quantitatively measure performance and impact and Coalition’s metrics.
- Lead Coalition’s security alert program to improve cybersecurity metrics.
- Evaluate systems and processes currently in use, making changes where needed to improve lifecycle marketing capabilities.
- Partner with product, engineering, and marketing teams to build new customer features and experiences.
- Key stakeholder in organization’s ongoing collection and interpretation of meaningful customer insights
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience working directly with marketing automation (ex. Marketo) and CRM tools (ex. Salesforce) to create and optimize customer email journeys
- Expertise in email best practices and customer database management
- Knowledge of basic HTML, segmentation or SQL, and if/then/else logic
- Ability to create and edit email content
- Proficient with data and spreadsheets, and handling/manipulation of large data sets Clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership and collaboration
- Proven ability to develop strategy and execute day-to-day tactics
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding results orientation with a consistent track record in driving business impact
- Strong ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data into actionable insights about the customer, the channel, and the business
- Outstanding work ethic and sense of ownership and accountability
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Self-starter, consistently seeking new ideas and opportunities to improve metrics, with follow-through on execution
- Comfort with change in a fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
Experience managing B2B marketing automation programs
Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.