- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
Founded in 2017, Coalition is on a mission to solve cyber risk and create a safer digital economy where everyone can thrive. Digital risk is now a part of every business and it’s no longer solely the domain of technical teams. That’s why we combined comprehensive insurance with proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations stay resilient to digital risks like cyber attacks, funds transfer fraud and much more.
Our team works collaboratively across North America and Europe to prevent security failures and provide both technical and financial help when incidents do occur. Today, Coalition is the world’s largest commercial insurtech serving over 130,000 customers including many small businesses that rely on Coalition to help them chart a path forward in the new digital world.
As of September 2021, Coalition has raised $520 million from leading global technology investors as well as highly-regarded institutional investors including: Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Valor Ventures, Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Advisors, and Whale Rock Capital, valuing the company at more than $3.5 billion.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, authenticity and diversity. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About The Role
The Sales Compensation Manager will help to design, operationalize and continually evolve our sales compensation plans across the growing Sales Organization including the support of Coalition’s international expansion. The person will play an important, hands-on role for the most critical lever in driving revenue growth. The manager will collaborate with Sales, People Operations, Finance, and Sales Operations leadership to help solve sales compensation-related business challenges. The manager will drive consistency, data quality, processing accuracy, and develop/track metrics to assess sales team effectiveness. In addition, this is a key role responsible for identifying processes in need of scalability. The leader will author policies, resolve comp exceptions, conduct training, and maintain compliance controls. Lastly, you will help get Salesforce-ready for the adoption of an ICM tool.
You value working in fast paced and rapidly evolving environments highly impacted by your actions. You are resourceful, collaborative, and focused on finding the best results without a lot of oversight.
- Deliver subject matter expertise to stakeholders by instilling best practices in all areas of incentive compensation in alignment with company objectives, brand strategies and sales force efforts.
- Designs a scalable process to deliver Sales Comp Plans each measurement period
- Day-to-day administration of the sales compensation program including timely resolution of inquiries from comp plan participants
- Ensure commissions are paid each Quarter accurately
- In just a few months, evaluate the need for an Incentive Compensation Management tool with aligned cross-functional workgroups.
- Lead all exceptions to closure (getting approvals, preventing escalations, and executing a communications plan.)
- Drives continued automation of the incentive compensation process to reduce manual work and adjustments required to produce commission payouts and reporting
- Document, improve, and automate processes
- Work with key business partners to implement processes, systems and tools to improve compensation administration, communication and analysis
- Develop and track metrics to assess internal team effectiveness: Review team capacity, error rate, Case management SLA, process improvement effectiveness
- Design a Sales Compensation Calendar and manage the implementation of Plans during the annual planning cycle working closely with sales, finance, sales operations and other key functional areas. Identify and model out improvements year over year.
Skills and Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in incentive compensation management, sales force effectiveness, international comp plan design, implementation, and commissions processing, including significant experience working with senior leaders
- MBA or equivalent Masters degree (e.g. Business Management, CIS, or Finance)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop quantitative models (e.g. business case and complex forecasting). Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in analyzing sales commissions processes globally (with multiple currencies) and finding automation opportunities.
- Must be able to present complex information in an accurate and persuasive manner to all levels of management
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Must possess solid interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Solution builder: can build repeatable processes and structures where none (or little) previously existed. Can document the above.
- Stellar relationship builder: great communication and ‘customer orientation’ skills.
Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.