- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Coalition, we bring together cyber tools, data, and deep security expertise to help customers solve cyber risk. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies, and that number is growing fast.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working across multiple software development projects that can range from API’s to scraping and ETL workflows. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness across the platform.
Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
- Be part of a remote team;
- Writing REST APIs on the back-end, and consuming them on the front-end;
- Writing back-end integrations with third-party services to aggregate data and process data;
- Systems and data engineering: due to the large amounts of data we collect, speed and efficiency are perpetual concerns for our multi-worker architecture.
- You will join our engineering team and work closely with our product design team. As such, this role comes with a significant amount of autonomy and responsibility. You should enjoy the challenge of building large, scalable infrastructure / components from the ground up.
- Review work done by other engineers
Skills and Qualifications
- 4/5 Years experience developing software;
- Proficient in modern systems architectures and implementation;
- Python and one or more of its web server frameworks (e.g. Flask, Django);
- Golang with a demonstrable understanding of core HTTP REST implementations;
- Unit and end-to-end testing;
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and data modeling;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git);
- Good English (spoken and written)
- Experience with Cloud Services;
- Experience with Apache NiFi;
- Experience with Golang service best practices for concurrent designs;
- Experience with deployment automation and scalable infrastructure;
- Understanding of HTTP / REST security concepts, including common vulnerabilities;
- Knowledge of other useful web technologies: Redux, Webpack, ES6, TypeScript, etc;
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition’s culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Our culture is one of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, and authenticity. We are growing rapidly and that growth is enabled by strong teamwork, communication, and mentorship. We want people who are passionate about becoming experts in both the business and the technologies that support it. Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and de-couple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.