- San Francisco
- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Design & UI
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We are looking for a visual designer with a strong experience in digital marketing. Ideally you have built knowledge in marketing specific UX/UI patterns combined with brand and campaign design skills. In this role you will be responsible for concepting and designing campaign creative and website experiences with a data driven mindset. As part of our core brand design team you’ll work iIn collaboration with our digital marketing manager, content writers, and other stakeholders to push our brand standards and test the performance of our creative.
- Design user experiences and UI for Cockroach Labs’ marketing properties across web, mobile, and experiential channels
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams to prototype and test creative
- Create journey maps, wireframes, detailed visual mockups and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
- Design final UI and design specifications for hand off to marketing and engineering partners
- Ensure visual consistency and develop brand standards together with the brand design team
In your first 30 days, you’ll immerse yourself in our brand and product to gain understanding where we are in our journey and what design patterns we are using to tell our story. You’ll build connections with our key stakeholders across departments and do a deep dive into our culture.
After 90 days, you are familiar with our process and have integrated into the design & code team. You have successfully designed campaign creative and can see them out in the market. You collaborate with marketing team stakeholders designing experiences for the website and other digital channels.
After 6 months, you ideate and execute innovative interactions to improve our outreach and marketing objectives. You have tested and gained insights on what resonates with our audience and how we can leverage data driven decision making to further improve our creative work.
- 3-8 years of professional experience as a UX/UI designer, or visual designer in digital marketing
- Proficiency in design software: Figma, Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from marketing management, engineering, and user research
- Online portfolio of marketing campaigns and digital design. Preferably with UX/UI design experience.
- Delivery of high quality creative with attention to detail
Reporting to Sami Keinänen - Creative Director
Sami has 20 years of experience in design and creative leadership. For the past 13 years Sami has lived in the San Francisco Bay Area and worked at global agencies and in-house teams building brands and marketing experiences for AppDynamics, Cisco, Pure Storage, Ripple, HPE, NetApp, Nokia, Salesforce, and Oracle. At the core Sami is a designer and enjoys crafting design solutions to complex problems, hands-on. Outside of work Sami nerds out with synthesizers and other music gear.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.