- New York
- San Francisco
- Atlanta, GA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We are looking for an HR Business Partner to join our People team at Cockroach Labs. In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager, People Operations and will directly support Roachers in the Revenue and Marketing divisions of our company. In particular, you’ll consult with managers and leaders to design team structure, drive employee engagement, facilitate performance management, and coach our teams across myriad topics. We’re looking for someone who can balance the unique needs of individual people with a process-focused mindset that allows us to scale collaboratively.
- Represent the People Team in your day to day work with Revenue & Marketing and similarly, serve as an ambassador from Revenue & Marketing to the People Team
- Facilitate semi-annual performance management and further our culture of continuous feedback
- Strategize with executives and managers on organizational design
- Drive people programs based on both quantitative and qualitative feedback and insights
- Refine and maintain career development ladders
- Provide input into compensation strategies while working with our compensation analyst
- Partner with recruiting on requisition development (for example, reviewing job descriptions for compensation review)
- Engage our Learning & Development Manager to develop new programs and drive engagement with existing programs
- Have foundational knowledge of federal and state laws and be willing to explore nuances or explain details to managers and teams, more broadly
In your first 30 days, you will learn about our current processes, programs, and systems. You will meet with colleagues across the company and start building relationships that will help you better understand Cockroach Labs. It is imperative that you take this time to connect with fellow Roachers, so that you have an understanding of how we work and what we value.
In your first 60 days, you will gain familiarity with our Revenue & Marketing colleagues. You’ll start to think of plans that will play to our strengths, mitigate our weaknesses, and build upon the foundation of processes and programs we offer.
After 3 months, you will be integrated into the team. You will be the primary HR point of contact working directly with our Revenue & Marketing Teams. You will leverage strong relationships across our People Team for support and share feedback that can be deployed to improve people processes and programs company-wide.
- 5-8 years of experience working with managers and leaders in an HRBP or People Partner capacity with preference for candidates with experience supporting sales and/or go-to-market organizations
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including the ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality, as appropriate
- A passion for programs that build in practices to drive diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- A customer experience mentality including organization skills that help you keep up with many clients
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of a technology company or other start-up
- The ability and willingness to collaborate with others on different ways we can tackle processes and programs
- Knowledge of the employment alphabet soup (i.e. EEO, FLSA, FMLA and CFRA, ADA, COBRA)
Reporting to Lauren Weber, Senior Manager, People Operations
Lauren is a culture vulture. Whether you’re talking organizations, foods, or places... she likes to keep up with what’s delicious, fun, and interesting. Born and raised in Kentucky, her career has spanned industries (government, nonprofit, education, tech) and locations (Berlin, District of Columbia, San Francisco, New York). Cringeworthy old-school HR stories are what make Lauren passionate about ensuring Roachers are supported and engaged by our people processes and programs.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.