- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 24, 2021
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open-source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
About the Role
We are looking for an HR Generalist focused on employee wellbeing to join our team at Cockroach Labs. This role reports to the Senior Manager, People Operations and sits within the People Operations & Development arm of our People Team. We’re looking for someone who can balance the strategic management of vendors with a hands-on approach to all elements of employee wellbeing. You’ll use data and creativity to make recommendations for improving existing processes and advocate for new programs.
- Administer the U.S. employee benefits program including:
- New Hire Orientation
- Working with our insurance broker
- Managing open enrollment
- Auditing and managing benefits data, as needed
- Work with international providers to facilitate global benefits and employee awareness thereof.
- Navigate the expansion of our benefits program in new employment locations.
- Develop communications and programs in support of Roacher wellbeing that are inclusive and engaging for diverse populations and geographies.
- Maintain benefits data and any applicable digital files with the utmost level of data integrity and confidentiality.
- COVID Safety & Wellbeing: Manage compliance efforts and stay current on changes to state, federal, and international laws pertaining to COVID-safety.
- Respond to general questions regarding company policies, systems, and benefits with a sense of urgency.
- Partner with the People Operations and Development Team to design, implement, and improve processes and policies that meet the specific wellbeing needs of Roachers.
In your first 30 days, you will review our current benefits offering, systems, and be introduced to our external partners including PEOs and insurance brokers. You will begin maintaining our current program and looking for areas to improve. As you take ownership of the benefits program, you’ll identify any gaps in documentation and fill those as part of your onboarding.
By your first 60 days, you will have met with colleagues across the company and started building relationships that help you match programmatic benefits recommendations with our culture. You’ll kick off conversations with our U.S. benefits broker to ensure a seamless transition off of our current PEO benefits and propose a project plan for the project. This project will be a big part of your first year in the role.
After 3 months, you will be integrated into the team. You will have taken ownership of your role and started working directly with stakeholders. You will have strong relationships with our external vendors and be the front line of wellbeing for Roachers.
- 2-4 years of experience in Human Resources or People Operations
- Knowledge of the benefits alphabet soup (i.e. HSA, FSA, 401k, COBRA, ACA, PPO, EPO, HMO, HIPAA)
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to maintain data through process controls and auditing
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of a technology company or other start-up
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including the ability to maintain confidentiality with regards to HIPAA protected data as appropriate
- A customer experience mentality including organization skills that help you keep up with many clients and vendors
- The ability and willingness to ask questions about different ways we can tackle processes and programs
- Creativity to find news ways to engage employees with our benefits offering
- An interest in joining a highly collaborative team and taking on miscellaneous tasks and projects, as needed
Reporting to Lauren Weber, Senior Manager, People Operations
Lauren is a culture vulture. Whether you’re talking organizations, foods, or places... she likes to keep up with what’s delicious, fun, and interesting. Born and raised in Kentucky, her career has spanned industries (government, nonprofit, education, tech) and locations (Berlin, District of Columbia, San Francisco, New York). Cringeworthy old-school HR stories are what make Lauren passionate about ensuring Roachers are supported and engaged by our people processes and programs.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.