- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
The role of the recruiting coordinator plays an integral role in how we grow our team. In this role, you will support our recruiting team and have an impact on our overall growth. You must be located in NYC for this role.
- Work with our recruiters to schedule candidate phone screens, lunch/coffee interviews, remote interviews, and onsite interviews (across different time zones).
- Facilitate onsite interviews, greet, and escort candidates to & from conference rooms.
- Enter, maintain, and update candidate information in our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- Be the advocate for our candidates and provide updates to them regarding their applicant/interview status as needed.
- Ensure a great candidate interview experience.
- Assist with coordinating onsite interviews as well as take-home exercises and phone screens as needed.
- Provide other ad hoc support to the Recruiting Team as needed.
In your first 30 days, you will work closely with the staffing team on scheduling, logistical coordination, and ad hoc support. Over these initial days, you will become familiar with our hiring processes and our culture. You will also connect across teams to learn more about our hiring efforts and what makes Cockroach Labs unique.
By the end of your second month, you will expand your support of the candidate experience, moving beyond your first 30 days and improving the candidate experience. From your interactions, you will gain exposure to the hiring bar at Cockroach Labs through activities like resume screening and partaking in hiring committees.
After 3 months, you’ll be fully integrated into the team. You will identify new opportunities to support the team, like owning resume screening for roles and sourcing for non-technical roles. As you gain more confidence in your calibration, you will expand your efforts to more complex positions.
- 1-3 years total experience
- Experience with Google Calendar, schedule management, and experience with Video Conferencing systems (preferably Google Hangouts).
- Experience working with an Applicant Tracking System (Lever, Greenhouse, etc.).
- A love for building relationships and can collaborate within a team structure.
Reporting to Shannon Zwicker, Manager of People Systems & Analytics
Shannon is passionate about building systems and structures that help us work smarter, not harder. She is responsible for creating analytics and tools that make it easier to make data-driven People decisions. Prior to Cockroach Labs, Shannon spent years across full desk recruiting functions before going on to build the Recruiting Operations team at Yext. Currently living in Greenwich, CT, Shannon runs a specialty antique shop online with her husband, Andrew, and loves to spend time with their mini Aussie, Gracie.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.