- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
We’re looking for a Sourcer to join our team to support our Revenue team. You will handle the first stage of our recruiting process, while looking for ways to improve our recruiting workflow. You have a strong background in identifying sales and revenue talent for technology companies with an eye towards finding ways to improve the hiring process. Responsibilities include using various channels to look for potential candidates, contacting passive candidates, building talent pipelines for future hiring needs, and implementing projects to assist with increasing the quality of our inbound applicants. You will primarily identify talent through competitive intelligence and use your networking skills to help us fill our openings with qualified employees. We are flexible on location for this role but you must be located in a state where Cockroach Labs is able to do business.
- Implement programs that help increase the efficiency of recruiter workflow.
- Partner with the recruiting team by building a pipeline of top sales and revenue candidates through researching and sourcing for candidates.
- Lead sourcing strategy meetings to identify qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques and using our team’s networks through referrals.
- Monitor team metrics to identify areas for improvement, including the number of passive candidates who turn into applicants.
- Contact and engage candidates, promoting our employer brand by crafting and creating unique messaging.
- Develop creative attraction strategies including identification of new sourcing channels.
- Be the competitive intelligence expert, staying up to date with news in the tech startup space.
- Oversee some of the unseen with ad-hoc projects and other responsibilities.
During your first 30 days, you will familiarize yourself with our hiring processes and needs. You will spend time meeting members on the team to understand our culture and build relationships. You will familiarize yourself with the recruiting workflow, priority roles, and establish metrics to understand conversion rates.
Over your next 30 days, you will work with recruiters to coordinate sourcing for high-priority roles with company-wide goals and objectives. This will ensure that you are building internal and external relationships to make an immediate impact.
After 3 months, you’ll be fully integrated into the team. You will identify new opportunities for Cockroach Labs to build our employer brand and reach new candidates. You’ll create repeatable campaigns to increase our talent reach while looking at ways to improve our hiring process.
- 2+ years of experience sourcing or recruiting for at a tech company or recruiting agency
- Experience defining and working on sourcing strategies for talent (e.g., recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings).
- Worked with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and Candidate Management Systems (CMSs).
- The ability to combine your understanding of the recruiting process with data to extract relevant insights.
- Experience in sourcing for candidates through multiple channels (web, social/professional networks, etc.).
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time-management abilities and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to tell stories through data.
Reporting to David Delaney - Senior Manager of Recruiting
David has a passion for building early stage teams. Prior to Cockroach Labs, he was the first non-engineering hire at Vine, and then the first in-house recruiter at Yext. There he grew his team to 7 people and was responsible for recruiting across all departments outside of Revenue. After 5 years at Yext, which included a 2017 IPO, he caught the startup bug again and made the move over to Cockroach Labs. He’s a huge proponent of our company’s core value of balance and most days he’ll log off around 5pm to be with his family and cook dinner before his son’s bedtime. Aside from family activities, he’s been spending his free time during COVID on his Peloton bike and doing projects around the house in Connecticut his family moved into last year.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.