- San Francisco
- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Product Management
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet. We help companies of all sizes — and the apps they develop — scale fast, survive anything, and thrive everywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database and to make data easy. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
We are looking for a Head of Corporate Communications to join the Marketing team at Cockroach Labs. In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and work closely with stakeholders across the company to tell the company story wide and loud to strengthen the reputation of the company. You will be responsible for three specific pillars of the company’s marketing - Press Relations, Analyst Programs, and Customer Stories. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing a sophisticated strategy to drive key results in each of those areas of focus.
- Plan effective PR and AR programs, and execute on the determined strategies leveraging internal resources and outside agencies
- Drive continued positive coverage through both evergreen campaigns and larger company announcements
- Plan and manage analyst advisory sessions, from briefings to full advisory days
- Steadily improve our reputation with the top advisory firms in our category
- Identify analyst targets, keep track of their perception of Cockroach Labs, and develop a strategy to positively influence this perception for each
- Collaborate closely with the Revenue to understand who we win with, what they are doing with our product, and how that has impacted their success, using this insight toell these customer stories through both public and blinded case studies
- Determine what customers can be Cockroach Labs advocates and drive their engagement and commitment to this topic
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in marketing communications and/or public relations
- Experience working with complex enterprise software
- Former agency experience a plus
- Direct experience collaborating with high performing sales organizations, and the ability to tell their customer story
- A deep understanding of media, analyst and influencer relationships
- A track record of success in fast paced, high growth environments
- An entrepreneurial and resourceful mindset and a desire to lead by doing
- The ability to communicate in an effective and engaging way across a variety of audiences including executives, analysts, media, and internal stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and requests simultaneously.
Reporting to Peter Guagenti, Chief Marketing Officer
Born and raised in New York City, Peter has spent the last 20+ years in the Bay Area and has spent his entire adult life working in technology. He started as a founder of his own digital agency in the mid-90’s, progressing to executive roles in both management consulting and agencies, before moving on to help build multiple successful open source software companies. He is passionate about building businesses, helping others create amazing things with technology, and having whatever positive impact he can on the world.
When he is not at work, you can usually find Peter out hiking with his two daughters, or traveling the world with his partner. He is also a car nut and avid racer and has competed in and won numerous road racing and rallying events across North America.
- 100% health insurance option (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning and Development budget
- Relocation support