- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a Sales Development Manager to help lead our SDR team across multiple markets. This position will partner with our Senior Manager of Sales Development to build strategic initiatives that drive outbound lead generation and inbound conversions for our growing sales organization, while mentoring team members and serving as a bridge between the Sales and Marketing teams. You are a hands-on manager, leading the team by example, giving direction and coaching to team members on prospecting skills while meeting assigned goals.
- Train and mentor our Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) on outreach tactics, time management, objection handling, prospecting tactics, upselling and active listening skills.
- Drive operational excellence through constant process innovation and creative incentives.
- Help develop career paths for SDRs to further their professional growth.
- Maintain ongoing analysis of inbound and outbound lead generation performance.
- Partner with Sales & Marketing leadership to strategize and optimize entire sales pipeline activity while working to improve the lead conversion hand off process to ensure optimal customer experience.
In your first 30 days, you will focus on getting to know both CockroachDB and your SDR team as well as understanding the existing lead generation strategy of Cockroach Labs. During this time, we also believe it’s crucial for you to establish relationships across sales and marketing to better understand how our SDRs support both teams. Note that you’ll be working across multiple markets so it will be important to understand the nuances between them.
After 60 days, you’ll be providing 1:1 support for SDRs, including inbound & outbound campaign optimizations, customer pitches, and product positioning. You’ll also be owning the analytics behind all campaigns created by SDRs and providing insights and recommendations on approach when necessary.
- 3+ years of management experience plus an additional 5+ years of general sales experience.
- Experience growing and scaling a successful Sales Development team.
- Proven track record establishing, achieving or exceeding measurable goals.
- Experience successfully working cross-functionally across multiple departments.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Sam Burns - Senior Manager, Sales Development
Sam loves to build high functioning teams that win. He has a track record of developing talent and launching sales careers. With a background in operations and sales he brings the right amount of experience and tact to Cockroach Labs. Sam believes that Sales Development is one of the most important functions in the company as the tip of the spear for the sales team. Outside of work, Sam spends time with his family and riding his bike in the Berkeley hills.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.