- Raleigh, NC
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We are looking to grow our rapidly expanding sales engineering team. As a Sales Engineer, you will help qualify and close opportunities with customers and partners and provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations. This position should be based in the Eastern timezone.
- Work alongside the sales team to introduce CockroachDB to our potential customers. As a trusted advisor, you will help educate prospects on the unique capabilities of CockroachDB and design solutions to meet a wide variety of challenges.
- Lead product and solution briefings, build proof-of-concepts (POC), run live product demos, and prototype CockroachDB integrations.
- Partner with Cockroach Labs product management, engineering and support teams to solve customer challenges and improve CockroachDB.
- Identify and address customers’ key technical objections and develop the engineering strategies strategy to resolve those blockers to adoption.
In your first 30 days, you will immerse yourself in CockroachDB and our sales motion. We believe that it’s important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our company, technology and message.
During this time you will be an active listener on customer calls and build relationships with various teams at Cockroach Labs. As you gain confidence in the message and technology, you will be called upon to lead meetings with support from the team.
After 3 months, you should be ready to lead customer meetings without support and conduct POCs. You should be working closely with Account Managers in your territory to build regional go to market strategies and account plans for key prospects.
- 8 plus years of prior experience collecting requirements, developing solution architectures, leading presentations and teaching prospective users or project teams how to use software similar to CockroachDB.
- Developed software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems in the past and want to stay close to the code.
- A passion for working on complex technical problems and have a strong understanding of modern infrastructure and database technologies.
- A strong ability to build relationships with our partners, customers, and open-source users.
- A collaborative spirit and enjoy making sure that each team gets customer feedback to keep improving CockroachDB.
- The flexibility to travel to meet customers, attend events or conferences or wherever the work takes you.
Reporting to Tim Veil - Head of Sales Engineering
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support