- United States
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Customer Success Manager at Cockroach Labs (View all jobs)
- Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
- Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL
- Database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers
- Can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to
- Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
About the Role
- Our Customer Success Managers help fully onboard our CockroachDB customers and
- Lead them to fully utilize its potential, lead them to production, allocate resources, and
- Alleviate roadblocks. We believe that in order for a Customer Success Manager to be
- Successful, they must have a good understanding of database technology, the overall
- Stack, and infrastructure that CRDB operates within. They must also possess excellent
- Customer facing and consultative skills, with the ability to understand the customer pain
- Points, define success criteria, critical milestones that lead to production, and project
- Plans for success. The CSM will be a trusted advisor to the customer and thereby in
- Collaboration with Sales, must understand how to get deeper and expand the account
- While preventing churn. Location is flexible for this role but you will be covering accounts
- Primarily in the US.
- Own the overall technical relationship with assigned clients, which include
- Increasing adoption, ensuring retention, and satisfaction.
- Utilize your technical skills to demonstrate value to customers and drive sales
- Understand the “drivers” for the customer, define use cases and success
- Collaborate with the customer to define production date, milestones required to
- Achieve delivery date, project plan and resource management
- Upsell services offering for Technical Account Management and Services
- Partner with the Cockroach Labs Sales Account team (Account Executive,
- Solutions Architects) to identify opportunities for new usage of Cockroach Labs
- Across organizational functions.
- Develop and implement best practices, processes and tools which can
- Continually enhance Cockroach Labs’s Customer Success Program.
- Understand how our customers are utilizing CRDB solutions and collaborate with
- Product on how additional features can be leveraged to increase functionality
- Function as a technical point of escalation for all customer related issues; ultimately
- Responsible for the ownership and execution of tailored get-well plans while
- Partnering with technical account managers and technical support to drive quick and
Efficient issue resolution
- In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and assess where the product
- Would be a good fit for certain use cases. During this time, we also believe it’s important
- For you to establish internal relationships across sales, product, and engineering to
- Effectively be able to navigate resources to help you in your efforts with customers.
- After 60 days, you will be working very closely with the Director of Customer Success
- Management, to develop Success Plans, define repeatable processes for delivering
- “white glove treatment” to our customers and a methodology to reduce Time to Value
- Bringing our customers into production.
- Strong experience with customer facing roles
- Solid technical background- basic knowledge of databases, distributed systems,
- And modern enterprise software architecture.
- 4-6 years of experience as a Customer Success Manager, Project Manager,
- Sales Engineering, or Technical Account Manager with a proven success record.
- A degree in Computer Science or other technical major.
- Successful track record of driving product adoption and expansion through
- Understanding the customer’s current (and future) database requirements.
- 100% health insurance option (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
Flexible time off & flexible hours
Learning and Development budget
- Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and
- Inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during