- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Business Development
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
The Business Development Representative will help fuel Codat’s sales function by sourcing, qualifying and engaging with new and existing prospects at the top of the banking and financial services sales funnel.
You will need to hit the ground running, being able to quickly assess and understand a prospect’s needs and pain points, while articulately and succinctly applying Codat’s value proposition. You will be out meeting prospects, attending events and networking to heavily contribute towards the pipeline within a dynamic and high performing sales team.
This is imperative to the scalability of the business and more often than not you’ll be the first point of contact a prospect has with Codat. This role has a direct route to enterprise sales in 18 – 24 months.
- Work within a high performing banking team nurturing, educating and developing prospects before handing over to the wider commercial team
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas through volume of outreach and targeted messaging across banking line o business prospects
- Work closely with marketing, strategy and product to identify new opportunities and formulate and execute an outbound sales strategy increasing qualified and engaged opportunities for the wider commercial team
- Regularly attend events to source, qualify and engage new and existing opportunities
- Take ownership in improving and creating various sales-related processes
- Track all engagements in the CRM system effectively
- Constantly improve your knowledge of Codat’s evolving product and value proposition
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn’t always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Fast learner - Codat’s solution is complex, we’re looking for someone who can quickly get a grasp of our product and our value proposition as well as banking client personas and business goals
- Excellent communication skills, being able to succinctly and articulately describe Codat’s value proposition in a couple of sentences that resonates with specific banking and financial services stakeholders across lending, credit, risk, customer experience, strategy and innovation teams
- Tenacity to overachieve, we’re looking for someone who wants to outperform their target on a regular basis and is prepared to put in the hard work to do so
- Driven to exceed volume outreach targets on a weekly and monthly basis
- A clear ambition to progress upwards through various sales roles within the team
- Experience working within a sales function
- Experience working within Codat’s key industries such as lending, payments or e-commerce
- Team players