- Date Posted
- Sep. 23, 2021
- Design & UI
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
You will be joining as a front-end developer in a new team responsible for the creation of an exciting new Codat product. Our product is relied on by a wide range of financial institutions, including start- up fintech lenders, major payments processors and leading high-street banks, and the brief of this new team is to produce a portal our customers can use to interact with the product quicker, without needing to complete a full integration with our API. You’ll be integrating with Codat’s best-in-class API for financial data on small businesses and building innovative front-end experiences on top of it to help our clients make sense of that data.
Our engineers operate in small, focused, multidisciplinary, and highly autonomous teams of around 4 to 6 people. Our teams tend to include:
- A hands-on Lead Engineer who spends time focusing on product alignment, technical alignment, and people, as well as coding.
- A QA Engineer who represents quality throughout the team and encourages critical thinking as well as supporting automation.
- Software Engineers who help with business analysis, writing tests and code, and operating the components that the team owns.
We’re looking for an experienced front-end software engineer who can take ownership of the front-end elements of this new product. We need someone who is comfortable setting up all the elements of modern, scalable SPAs from scratch, and who can guide and mentor our team to ensure it is built in the right way. The successful candidate will be working closely with our product team and customers to refine and iterate the product spec.
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn’t always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Our front-end is built in React, using Typescript
- Familiarity with Rest Apis, able to peek behind the server code, appreciation for C# and Azure webservices.
- Unit Test
- We use a mix of technologies at Codat, but most are services supplied by Azure and leveraged using C#, we like engineers that like to keep up to date with C# and have an interest in design patterns.
- Our apps work extensively with the .NET web stack and knowledge of .NET and REST APIs is really helpful.
- Clear and concise communicators; we expect Engineers to collaborate with other team members, including developers, quality assurance engineers and product stakeholders outside of Engineering.
- We have a passion for testing and working with frameworks like Jest, react-testing-library, enzyme or Cypress etc, to do behavior and data driven unit tests.
- We really like engineers that are self-motivated, have a logical and systematic approach to problems solving, but understand things work best when we work as a team, are approachable, open minded, and patient.
- A lot of the problems we solve at Codat are about standardising data from various sources, this is a different set of problems to many software businesses, and we really like engineers who enjoy working with data and puzzling out problems that may not be obviously solved. A good head for financial systems helps, but isn’t necessary.