- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
- Engineering QA
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic Principal QA engineer to join our growing team and partner with our software engineers and other QA’s ensure we deliver great quality software to our clients as well as coach and mentor other QA engineers.
You will work in one of our ‘Product Groups’ which comprises 2-3 Engineering Squads and 2-3 other QA Engineers. You will be acting as the QA Expert for this group, not only being hands-on but also mentoring, guiding and assisting the other QA’s in that group as well working closely with the Engineering Leads of each squad.
Collaborating with our product team and engineers is a key part of the role to make sure that new functionality is well documented and understood through things like acceptance criteria, test plans/cases and regression packs. Our focus will always be to have as much automated test coverage as possible but you’ll need to be confident doing exploratory, manual testing on new areas of the system as they’re developed.
As you might imagine, a lot of our teams work with accounting data but you don’t need to be an accounting whizz - as long as you’re interested and enthusiastic about it, we can teach you the ins and outs of invoices, balance sheets and cash flow statements!
We use C#, SpecFlow and Selenium for our automated test packs and, being an API-first company, experience with tools like Postman or Insomnia are very useful for day-to-day testing.Other technologies we use include Azure WebApps, WebJobs, Storage & SQL and our product is built in C# (.NET Core & Framework), ASP.NET, Angular and React. Any previous experience with these technologies would be an advantage, but it’s not a requirement for anyone who is happy to do some on-the-job, self-driven learning.
- No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
- We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have
- A real want to do the stuff that isn’t always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- You have several years’ experience with automated testing and are comfortable creating, maintaining and managing automated C# test suites in an object-oriented codebase.
- You have designed, documented and implemented test frameworks that others use when building test suites, preferably in a service-oriented environment.
- You have experience leading or managing people, teams or projects while maintaining your own productivity.
- You’re curious, a perfectionist and have tremendous attention to detail. You live this and lead by example, striving to improve the output of the team as well as your own.
- You’re happy speaking up when something doesn’t feel right. You might not be able to reproduce a bug yet, but you trust your instincts and can work with others to prove or disprove your suspicions and then raise clear, concise bugs if necessary.
- You’re confident in reviewing and challenging functional specifications for specificity and testability and designing thorough test suites following industry best practices.
- You aren’t afraid of, and won’t grumble about, doing manual testing when it’s necessary but you always bias towards building automation where it’s appropriate.
- You enjoy learning new things with minimal guidance and helping others with their own learning and development.
- You might have experience within a financial services environment.
- If you are excited about applying for this role but aren’t certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we’d still love to hear from you.