- New South Wales, AU
- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
As a client success manager you will contribute to the success and scale of Codat by focusing on managing relationships, contracts and renewals for the existing book of clients. You will be responsible for the retention and growth of your assigned portfolio.
You will develop long standing relationships with clients based on trust. Utilizing account mapping to grasp a deep understanding of client organizations and stakeholders in order to grow accounts and refer new business opportunities to sales.
You will work closely with our Product team and Solution engineers to ensure client feature requests and product improvements are documented and prioritized accordingly. You will be digesting difficult yet exciting concepts and be key in effectively communicating these in a succinct manner.
Building on your strong relationships with our clients you will ensure sensitive situations are handled delicately and with consideration.
- Identify opportunities for growth across all assigned accounts and maintain portfolio control to ensure clients are met with consultative input at every interaction
- Act as the champion for accounts, developing a detailed understanding of our product and new features to present to our clients, to ensure they achieve the greatest possible value from Codat’s technology
- Key point of contact for our clients, coordinating cross functional teams, including product, engineering and support, to ensure client feedback is shared to drive the product roadmap and delivery and ensure problems or issues are resolved efficiently
- Ensure a slick and seamless handover process for all assigned accounts
- Use existing CRM (Salesforce) to build a detailed calendar of actions for the existing portfolio clients.
- Identify problem clients and churn risks and ensure there is a plan to avoid churn and retain as many clients as possible.
- Accountable for Codat’s annual net dollar retention goal.
No matter what we are doing, whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other, we try at all times to live by our values:
We believe in delivering technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn’t always sexy but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We have each other’s back - when things go wrong, there isn’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with an even better outcome - not letting our egos win.
We believe that constant drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the primary method of building great things. We are biased towards action - our decisions are informed and then we act. There is no such thing as a hard problem - it is how we outperform others.
What excites us
- 5+ years experience in account management / relationship-based role preferably at a market leading technology or financial services firm
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management including the ability to overcome objections and build rapport with difficult clients
- Must have a sales attitude
- Self-starter who is happy working independently and with the ability to ramp up quickly and consistently deliver results
- Ability to understand growth opportunities by listening and asking questions
- Excellent time management and organization skills to manage multiple clients
- Experience with Codat’s key markets lending, payments or commerce is beneficial
- If you are excited about applying for this role but aren’t certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we’d still love to hear from you