- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy’s talent team is a collaborative, supportive, high performing, and lean team dedicated to sourcing, recruiting, and selling the best candidates to help us build the tools to help democratize education and teach millions of people how to upgrade their careers. We are looking for a driven Sr. Technical Recruiter with a demonstrated history of success working on engineering and related roles at technology-focused companies.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Codecademy Talent Team to define and accomplish hiring goals
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process for a variety of technical roles, such as Engineering, Product, Data, Design, and Curriculum Developer roles; from sourcing candidates to coordinating interviews to offer delivery
- Work closely with Hiring Managers across the organization to develop a deep understanding of team functions and needs
- Continuously find opportunities to relentlessly improve and fine tune process to deliver best-in-class candidate experience
- Work with the Talent Team to develop innovative recruiting and sourcing strategies that realize diversity, inclusion, and talent for Codecademy
- Work on cross-functional project work and participate in recruiting events as needed
What You’ll Need
- 7 + years of technical recruitment experience across agency and in-house; ideally 3+ years of in-house experience
- Proven track record of identifying and assessing top talent
- Sourcing experience using a variety of tools--LinkedIn Recruiter is a plus
- Experience using email campaign tools--Hiretual or Gem is a plus
- Experience using application tracking systems--Greenhouse is a plus
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- A meticulous approach to organization
- An innate understanding of how to prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills to effectively communicate the Codecademy mission to candidates
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Technical recruiting experience both in house and with some agency roots
- Startup or SaaS recruiting experience
- Network of engineering employees in NYC area
- Data analytical experience to derive insights from recruiting data
- At Codecademy, an interest in learning to code is strongly preferred
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.