- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of about 200 distributed through North America and headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $87.5m in venture capital funding from top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
As the Manager of Strategy & Special Projects your work will be divided into two broad themes: the air game and the ground game. The air game will see you help shape company direction aggregating different sources of information. The ground game will involve you helping different teams commission and execute meaningful projects for meaningful customer and business impact. You will be part of a team working on a myriad of problems leading exciting projects from entering new markets, to launching new businesses to developing company processes.
If you want to be part of a journey that impacts tens of millions of people and helps them lead better lives, join us!
What you’ll do:
- Drive near-term and long-term business strategy leveraging external market trends, competitor performance and internal user data.
- Drive decision making around investments in existing business lines and new initiatives.
- Be the source of external market and competitor knowledge for the team, by disseminating knowledge and insights across the company.
- Dive deep into helping different departments and teams shape their specific roadmaps and strategies.
- Run internal OKRs and goal-setting processes.
- Drive quarterly business reviews for assessment of business performance.
- Lead annual strategy and planning processes.
- Serve as a key stakeholder to drive any potential Corporate Development opportunities.
- Work on ad-hoc special projects, internal operations and processes as we scale from a 150 person company to 500 over the next 2 years.
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of experience working across tech, consulting, financial services or related experience
- 2+ years in the B2B SaaS space working on strategy, operations, internal goal setting/tracking, new business launches, partnerships or similar work
- 2+ years of managerial experience
- A knack for solving problems: breaking down complex situations into smaller pieces and actionable insights.
- A learning mindset: you get excited about uncharted territory and no task is outside your wheelhouse.
- An owner’s mindset: you like responsibility, owning things and seeing them through to results.
- Team spirit: you enjoy working with people across levels and job functions, valuing diverse perspectives and bringing everyone together for a common goal.
- The ability to think about the big picture along with the ability to dig deep into detail at the same time.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
What will make you stand out:
- A background in engineering, computer science or data science
- Experience working at growth or late-stage tech startups
- Experience working in the Education, Education Technology or Skill Development space
- An MBA or similar graduate degree
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.