- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Product Engineering
Hello, World! Codecademy has helped tens of millions of people upgrade their careers, build meaningful projects and gain confidence in their technical skills with engaging, accessible, and flexible products. Our customers have gone on to start companies, new jobs, and new lives thanks to the skills they gained with Codecademy, and we’re thrilled to take that impact to the next level.
In 2019, Codecademy introduced our first product for businesses and educational institutions. We currently have over 600 B2B customers. With our Series D funding, we are accelerating that growth with significant investments in our B2B products and go to market to build the leading SaaS offering that is the most effective solution for getting people job-ready.
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 150+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $80m in venture capital funding from top investors including Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
As the Director Product Management, Business Products, you will be joining a business unit as the head of product. This unit is chartered to build a suite of products for companies and educators to upskill and reskill their employees and customers. You will own the product strategy, roadmap, and day-to-day product development. Working with product managers, designers, engineers, content creators, marketers, salespeople, and other functions you will be accountable for continuously improving the customer and end user experiences from acquisition to activation through to retention and expansion. You and the team will be responsible for defining, delivering, and operating a customer experience that enables companies to improve the productivity of technologists, becoming a trusted resource that companies rely on to upskill and reskill their employees and customers. Ultimately your success will be measured by your customers’ and end users’ satisfaction.
If you want to build products that enable thousands of companies worldwide to better accomplish their missions, join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Define and execute a strategy in a manner that is consistent with our company mission and values
- Lead by example using quantitative and qualitative data to drive decision making
- Establish and champion a roadmap that inspires the business unit to deliver the strategy
- Collaborate with product marketing to maintain and share with stakeholders a detailed competitive analysis
- Set, track, and achieve the product KPIs
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to support demand generation and respond to customer feature requests
- Lead product development teams to identify and specify solutions to customer problems that are enriching, usable, feasible, and that benefit the business
- Supervise product managers as they ideate and create requirements with acceptance criteria
- Determine and deliver returns from product investments
- Ensure company-wide transparency into product development working with BizOps
- Coach and mentor your team to create high performing product managers in partnership with our people department
What you will need:
- Reputation as a customer-obsessed product owner
- A “Founder” mentality - relentless, resourceful, proactive, and results-oriented
- Minimum of 8 years as a B2B product owner managing the end to end product lifecycle
- Minimum of 3 years as manager of people
- Demonstrated data literacy skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing strategies and business cases that were funded
- Strong track record of developing and shipping high-quality products that include customer-facing frontends and back office tools
- Expertise in agile development software methodologies
- Strong track record of establishing trusted relationships
What will make you stand out:
- Proven track record building business to business SaaS offers
- Track record of productizing APIs
- Experience with enterprise information security policies and compliance
- Experience with e-commerce and outbound sales channels
- Familiarity with popular front and back end technologies
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle processes
- Experience with education technology
- A background in Computer Science
- A portfolio that showcases the accomplishments described in your resume
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.