- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Product Management
At this time, we can only accept applicants that are over the age of 18 and are currently located in one of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, and WI.
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy is looking for expert programmers, web developers, DevOps specialists, data scientists, BI analysts, and academics to provide guidance as part of our Codecademy Content Advisory Board. These positions will work with our Codecademy for Business unit to outline high-level requirements for content on the Codecademy for Business roadmap and provide reviews of finalized content for technical accuracy. The Content Advisory Expert provides the Codecademy for Business Curriculum team with specialized, up-to-date, nuanced insight into how their specialty is used and what content should be taught. This is a paid, remote, contract position, with a typical commitment of 1-5 hours per week.
What You’ll Do
- Work with Curriculum Developers to outline high-level requirements for content on the Codecademy for Business curriculum roadmap.
- Review the final products created by content contributors for technical accuracy and provide clear, specific, actionable feedback.
- Evaluate existing learning paths and identify any serious gaps in content.
- Provide clear explanations of technical concepts.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience as a professional programmer, web developer, web designer, DevOps specialist, data scientist, BI analyst, or technical educator.
- Extensive knowledge of and real-world experience with one or more of the following areas:
- BI dashboards
- The ability to provide clear, actionable, specific, and empathetic feedback and explanation
- A strong command of written and spoken English
- What Will Make You Stand Out
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience in both programming and education
- Experience teaching in one or more of the following areas:
- BI dashboards
- Experience in online education at scale
- Experience using the Codecademy platform
- This is a paid, remote, contract position. You can expect anywhere from 1-5 hours of work per week, with the freedom to work wherever and at whatever times you want.
- At this time, we can only accept applicants that are over the age of 18 and are currently located in one of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, and WI.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.