- New York
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Product Management
We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
We’re looking for our first Creative Producer to join our growing marketing team. As a Producer you will be joining our in-house creative department to help bring to life our campaign ideas together with production partners, producing work in-house, and by hiring the right talent for the job. This is an exciting opportunity to grow and take ownership over projects, while collaborating with skilled team members from a variety of disciplines. The ideal candidate jumps on new opportunities and works fast and flexibly to get the job done.
This position reports into our Creative Director.
What you’ll do
- Produce work in-house, whether it’s working with our in-house team, partners, agencies, vendors, or freelancers
- Work with globally supplied creative, delivering end to end management of paid media campaigns. Channels: TV, OOH, Press, Digital and Social
- End to end management of creative development for digital channels: Email, Website, App, Digital Display, paid and organic social
- Provide direction to creative and production via standard forms and tools (briefs, change orders, production turnovers)
- Help guide timelines and deliverables, scope of work, and strategy with other departments before creative work begins
- Manage the details of a project including documentation, step-by-step tasks, due dates, approvals, and more using project management software
- Communicate project milestones to all relevant cross-functional team members
- Create and improve on marketing and creative team processes to streamline production
- Collaborate with leadership, designers, marketers and other cross-functional partners to serve a global audience
- Inspire, create and sustain a culture of excellence by collaborating with the creative team and partners on best practices, process, and ideation.
- Ensure that creative processes are not only efficient, but conducive to high quality output: balancing efficiency with high quality output
What you’ll need
- 5-8 years experience working in a high volume production environment
- Experience line-producing is a plus
- Experience delivering creative or creative production for paid media campaigns
- A solid understanding of channel best practices, especially Social
- Ability to convey instructions and details to creative, product, and marketing teams in a clear manner
- You have in-depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative process, providing guidance and giving timely and helpful feedback to improve creative solutions
- Ability to negotiate deliverables, push back on requests, and articulate reasoning
- Ability to work with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders in a solution-oriented manner to negotiate deliverables and timelines.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Highly organized and thoughtful project management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.