- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Product Management
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $85M in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy is looking for an Integrated Marketing Manager to join (and be the first dedicated hire for) a new integrated marketing team. This team and role is responsible for leading cohesive, coordinated, and effective cross-channel campaigns that drive our business and brand forward. We are looking for a strategic, data-driven, and collaborative individual who has experience developing go-to-market strategies for integrated and/or brand campaigns. This role will serve as the connective tissue across numerous groups both within and outside of the broader marketing team, and should be comfortable and confident leading initiatives from start to finish and exerting influence and running point at all phases.
What you’ll do:
- Be a quarterback - you will build and run the process, leading the integrated marketing planning process and working extensively with cross functional teams (including creative and channel leads) to produce cohesive, strategic marketing plans for campaigns oriented around key moments such as tentpoles, holidays, and other company priorities.
- Craft strategy and narrative - you will own the GTM strategy for all campaigns, including identifying the target audience(s) and key channels for promotion based on strategic insights and requirements/considerations from across the business. You should heavily influence the creative vision/direction and messaging strategy.
- Develop detailed project briefs which clearly communicate the strategy and all necessary info about a given initiative to the creative and channel teams such that they can execute as best possible.
- Support our evolving brand strategy by developing campaigns that ladder up to and align with our brand promise and that create a consistent brand experience across all of our touchpoints.
- Understand and identify dependencies and critical items and anticipate potential issues.
- You will spearhead the creation of a strategic annual marketing plan, working with marketing operations and other cross-functional teams to ensure all teams stay aligned, coordinated, and on track from start to finish.
- Work directly with project managers throughout the development of campaigns to ensure alignment from start to finish and on-time execution
- Serve as the connective tissue between stakeholders across brand, creative, channel leads, product marketing, analytics, business operations, and others.
- Define clear goals and objectives for campaigns
- Partner with Business Operations and Analytics to size opportunities and prioritize decisions that will deliver material impact to the business
- Build strong relationships with teams across the organization to help push campaigns forward
- Champion integrated marketing throughout the entire organization to build strong foundations for future projects
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years in integrated marketing / brand marketing/ product marketing / strategic planning / marketing strategy or other similar roles that require the hands-on creation, delivery, and leading of strategic marketing campaigns. Digital agency or consumer-facing tech experience (especially digital subscription products) is ideal but not a prerequisite.
- Have experience working across all digital marketing capabilities, with a strong working knowledge and understanding of brand, creative, channel, and operations
- Strong analytical rigor with ability to interpret large datasets, analyses, and customer research and derive insights that can be leveraged to inform campaign strategy
- Track record of successfully managing cross-functional initiatives and projects, with the ability to lead and influence a broad range of stakeholders.
- Self-starter attitude and ability to build a strong rapport and trust with resources across multiple functional areas.
- Ability to deliver insightful, strategic campaign briefs and holistic go-to-market strategies
- An action- and impact-oriented mindset
- Strong written & oral communication and presentation skills which enable you to be persuasive and influential.
- A high degree of comfort moving fast, staying flexible, and creating clarity out of ambiguity
- A collaborative approach
- To excel in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable managing multiple work streams simultaneously; strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with Brand and Paid social principles and activities
- To be energetic, a self-starter, and a team player
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
What will make you stand out:
- Experience driving a digital subscription product
- B2C and B2B experience
- Ability to be hands-on with data and data-related tools
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company
- Prior experience in ed-tech
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.