- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Software Engineering
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of about 200 distributed through North America and headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $87.5m in venture capital funding from top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives, join us!
The Cybersecurity Curriculum Developer is responsible for designing and authoring educational content, creating educational products, and ensuring that learner outcomes can be successfully achieved. This position is on the Cybersecurity team, which is responsible for authoring and maintaining Codecademy’s cybersecurity content.
What you’ll do:
- Design and author new content, including lessons, quizzes, projects, courses, and outcome-oriented learning paths.
- Review, provide feedback to, and mentor a network of 3rd party authors who contribute content to Codecademy.
- Research educational techniques and philosophies, and apply them to curricula.
- Research the learner experience, identify weaknesses in curriculum and make improvements to existing content.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, and marketers to design, create, market, and improve Codecademy’s curricula.
- Collaborate with the Customer Support and Product teams to gain insight into the learner experience and make data-based improvements to curricula.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to create and improve the content authoring process and tools, and make improvements to our learning environment.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or practical experience required.
- Professional or volunteer experience as a teacher, instructor or educational content creator.
- Experience as a Cybersecurity professional or teaching cybersecurity content.
- Experience with developer tools such as Git, GitHub, and the command line.
- Interest and ability to learn programming languages, libraries, and frameworks quickly.
What will make you stand out:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science and/or Education
- Security Certifications (CISSP, CompTIA, etc.)
- Project, product, or people management experience involving small to large teams.
- Experience working with 3rd party authors and vendors to deliver high-quality content.
- Experience with writing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format (such as blogs or e-books) or in print.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.