- Toronto, CA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
We’re a small, diverse team with loads of experience in research and engineering. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world, and to make them safely accessible to all. Doing so would not only fundamentally change the way that organizations interact with natural language data, but also enable people to interact with technology the way we interact with each other. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
As our Office Manager, you will:
- Partner with the People team to execute on an amazing onboarding experience for new employees
- (Along with the People team) Lead in the planning and execution of all team/org-wide events
- Be the first person visitors meet with, welcoming them and providing general visitor support
- Coordinate org-wide meetings
- Be the go-to person at the office for inventory and asset management, mailing & shipping, supplies, paying vendors, etc.
- Manage and coordinate procurement, including new equipment for employees
- Oversee and manage relationships with vendors and suppliers, including negotiating contracts
- Help us maintain a safe and secure workplace
- Assist with set up and opening of our new Toronto office - from managing vendors, outlining return-to-work policies, and employee communications
- Manage Cohere’s team calendar of events - coordinating org-wide meetings, and thinking of ways to keep our team engaged and connected
You may be a good fit, if you have:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Office Manager, preferably within a fast growing startup or tech company
- A self-starter mentality, and can take off running without a lot of oversight
- A pro-active approach, with a strong ability to spot opportunities to improve processes, experiences, spaces, etc.
- The ability to communicate both in person and virtually (written and video) with exceptional clarity
- The desire to work somewhere dynamic, fast-paced and with a lot of autonomy
- Full health and dental benefits
- Free lunches
- Fitness + well being initiative
- 6 weeks vacation
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Open and inclusive culture and work environment
- Even if you don’t think you match this description, but you’re interested in this role, please apply.