- Toronto, CA
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Product Management
Who are we?
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learn to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We recently raised our Series A, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, (over 23k citations) and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Why this role?
We’re excited to build partnerships across developers, accelerators, and the tech community broadly. We’re looking for a collaborative and partnership-focused individual who is passionate about community building and NLP. The Community Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining Cohere’s developer and user communities -- both online and offline.
As a Community Manager, you will:
- Define and develop a community management strategy
- Organize community building initiatives to cultivate and grow participation in Cohere’s community forums
- Plan and implement social media strategies to further Cohere brand recognition and increase Cohere’s following on social media
- Support the development of content such as blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels (in partnership with the marketing team)
- Research and keep up-to-date knowledge of the NLP industry and competitors
- Design and execute drip campaigns to encourage platform usage
- Monitor our social media accounts and respond to questions and concerns
- Alert our Customer Success and Product teams of any technical issues or concerns noted on social media
- Provide insights to our marketing team about the industry, competitors, and relevant topics found online
- Plan and execute online and offline events (in collaboration with Cohere’s Developer Relations Lead)
You may be a good fit if:
- You have 3+ years of experience in community building at an early stage company (tech companies preferred)
- You’re a proven self-starter: you are excited to take the lead in building communities for Cohere, you can work without supervision and are driven to lead projects independently
- You thrive on working with developers to solve their challenges and problems and inspire them with new ideas
- You are a strong communicator, collaborator, influencer (internally and externally) and team player
- You’re curious and keen to go deep on NLP and become an expert on our technology
- An open and inclusive culture and work environment
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
Free daily lunch
- Full health and dental benefits for employees based in Canada and the US, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
- 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada and 12 weeks in the US
- Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
- Remote-flexible, office in Toronto and coworking stipend
- 6 weeks of vacation and shared Canada/US holidays
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.