- Toronto, CA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
- Software Engineering
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world, and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learn to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We recently raised our Series A (link) and are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
About the role
As the first Developer Relations hire at Cohere, you’ll be able to flex your leadership muscles to shape the overall function, drive the initial build-out of the Cohere community, and provide input and feedback back to our Product team. This is a highly visible role within the Cohere team. You will be surrounded by teammates across Product, Marketing, Business Development and Sales who will partner with you to ensure your success.
This is a highly self-directed role, so you should be someone who thrives in an unstructured and quickly evolving environment. And your opportunity for impact will be astronomical — Cohere has sky’s-the-limit potential and you’ll help us reach it.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have 3+ years of experience in building and scaling technical communities or leading developer relations or community engagement programs within the software industry
- You have strong public speaking, blogging, and content development abilities
- You have proven experience managing or participating in online communities
- You have outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- You’re a proven self-starter: you are excited to take the initiative to build the Cohere developer community, you can work without supervision and are driven to lead projects independently
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity: as an early team member, you’ll have to be as much of a doer as a strategist.
- You can identify and implement high impact processes in unstructured environments
- You are analytical and data driven in your approach to building and nurturing communities
- Technical writing skills are a bonus
- Full health and dental benefits
- Free lunches
- Fitness + wellbeing initiative
- 6 weeks vacation + US and Canadian holidays
- Remote flexible
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Open and inclusive culture and work environment
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.