- Toronto, CA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 3, 2021
- Software Engineering
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learn to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We recently raised our Series A and are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, (over 23k citations) and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
As a Product Engineer, you will:
- Work with a small but ambitious team of product engineers, designer, and product manager
- Ship delightful experiences for our user-facing products, meticulously crafting code for browsers and occasionally server code
- Own and build robust services-oriented web experiences, our stack includes: typescript, svelte, and nextjs
- Build internal tooling (CI/CD, dev utilities) to move faster together
- Keep up with the cutting edge and adopt new technologies to improve performance and reliability
You may be a good fit if:
- You’ve shipped fast and snappy web apps loved by many users
- You’re excited to add new technologies to your toolbox and use them where it makes sense
- You care about bringing value to our users - It’s not just about chasing the latest JS framework. You understand the balance between craft and speed
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and an ambition to scale a company
- Bonus: You love art and have an eye for design and a creative mindset - A plus, if you have a portfolio, GitHub or other showcases of your projects
- Full health and dental benefits
- Free lunches
- Fitness + well-being initiative
- 6 weeks vacation
- Visa support, if required
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Open and inclusive culture and work environment
- Remote flexible
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.