- Cluj-Napoca, RO
- Date Posted
- Sep. 5, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
We are looking for a driven, talented open source data collection specialist with expertise in data harvesting and managing the data flow. We are a SaaS-based anti-money laundering solution provider dedicated to helping organizations fight financial crime! We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists. You will join the Data Team, being involved in collecting and reviewing the accuracy of specific data sets.
The position offered is for a fixed term of 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers’, Index Ventures, Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We’re leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
- No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
- Focus on the Team We’re Collaborative, Human, and Humble
- Kaizen We’re Curious, Proactive and Agile
- Deliver Results We’re Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We are looking for an expert Data Acquisition Specialist to join our Data team. You’ll get involved in collecting and reviewing the accuracy of specific data sets.
Dealing with a large database (with a fast pace of updating) you will be mainly focused on collecting and reviewing the accuracy of specific data sets, including manual collection when necessary.
The data collected will be relevant to the Anti Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing and Anti-Bribery & Corruption fields ranging from sanctioned entities to politically exposed people. You will be a part of the product team and work closely with engineering to ensure we exceed client expectations in relation to our data coverage and quality. We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and thrive in an informal working environment.
- What does success look like after 3 months?
- Be able to independently create Mozenda agents for AML sources
- Understand and execute on all the processes from building to releasing a new data source
- Understand the data points that are essential for our product to be extracted from Data sources
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Have a love for data analysis and deeply believe in evidence-based decision making, thus you should be familiar with at least one of Microsoft Excel, Access, or another database or spreadsheet application
- Have an understanding of how HTML, RegEx work, i.e. so you would be able to create Xpaths for selecting what you want to extract from a certain website
- Be commercially-aware and have the ability to plan work in order to meet deadlines
- Have an outstanding level of attention to details
- Be a great team player. In our company we support each other, thus we need someone that can easily integrate with the other members of the team
- Be eager to learn new things and be in a continuous process of improving yourself
Medical Insurance - Regina Maria
Meal tickets - 15 RON / worked day