- Cluj-Napoca, RO
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Data Science
- Financial Services
We are looking for an expert Data Strategist to join our Data team. You’ll get involved in collecting and reviewing the accuracy of specific data sets.
Dealing with a large database (with a fast pace of updating) you will be mainly focused on collecting and reviewing the accuracy of specific data sets, including manual collection when necessary.
The data collected will be relevant to the Anti Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing and Anti-Bribery & Corruption fields ranging from sanctioned entities to politically exposed people. You will be a part of the product team and work closely with engineering to ensure we exceed client expectations in relation to our data coverage and quality. We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and thrive in an informal working environment.
The position offered is project-based, for a fixed term of 6 months, with the possibility of extension. At the end of the period, you may be offered a permanent role.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $88m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers’, Index Ventures and Balderton Capital.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We’re leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
- No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
- Focus on the Team - We’re Collaborative, Human, and Humble
- Kaizen - We’re Curious, Proactive and Agile
- Deliver Results - We’re Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
- We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we’re committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none - Don’t believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Have a love for data analysis and deeply believe in evidence-based decision making, thus you should be familiar with at least one of Microsoft Excel, Access, or another database or spreadsheet application
- Have an understanding of how HTML, RegEx, XPath work, so you would be able to select relevant information from a certain data source
- Be commercially-aware and have the ability to plan work in order to meet deadlines
- Have an outstanding level of attention to details
- Be a great team player. In our company we support each other, thus we need someone that can easily integrate with the other members of the team
- Be eager to learn new things and be in a continuous process of improving yourself
- What does success look like in your first 6 months?
- You contributed to delivering on your team’s work with high quality. You’ve helped achieve this by collaborating with your team members.
You can explain to others the main problem we’re trying to solve for our users for the product capabilities the team owns, including where it integrates with other ComplyAdvantage systems.
You know the team’s main objectives and our biggest pain points. You participate in task requirements and definitions, process design and task quality evaluation procedures and keep up to date with the direction of our product.
You will have contributed your ideas to the evolution of our internal tools and processes and seen your ideas implemented.
Who we are looking for
We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and contribute to a positive working environment. You will be able to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Knowledge and experience in data analysis
- Experience in how Regex and HTML works
- Enjoy working in a team environment and collaborating with others
Benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited Annual Leave
- Flexible working hours
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company health care plan
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development budget