- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Data Science
- Financial Services
We are looking for multiple driven, talented Machine Learning Engineers with software engineering background across all our teams with the opportunity to work fully remote to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solution to help organizations prevent financial crime!
We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
- About Us
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to fight financial crime on a global scale. In that time, opened offices in New York, Singapore and Romania, have grown to over 200 employees and recently announced our $50m Series C investment.
And we’re not stopping there!
- We are looking for people to join our team who are experts in their field, and share our core values...
- Focus on the Team We’re Collaborative, Human, and Humble
- Kaizen We’re Curious, Proactive and Agile
- Deliver Results We’re Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
You will join as a mid-level Machine Learning Engineer working alongside our data scientists and other software engineers responsible for our Adverse Information and Media product.
You’ll write new features that enable our platform to understand articles in the media, extract information about individuals, apply ML models to categorise their actions, and merge all this with existing data we hold. Your work will allow our customers to find out who has done something bad, what they did, and when.
You will join one of our scrum teams and help us to make the right technical and architectural decisions as we evolve and scale our systems. As a senior developer, we will look to you to sometimes take a lead in these discussions and bring your own ideas as well as solicit and incorporate ideas from others in the team.
We pride ourselves on having an open and collaborative environment within the teams and as well as working on your own code, you will help and coach others with their work. You will contribute to the overall success of the team, with focus on team rather than individual delivery.
Within the team, we look to developers to take responsibility for the quality of their code. Developers are expected to write tests, and take ownership of the systems that ensure the quality of our code. You will not only take part in this, but also coach others in the team end to end - from requirements through to production support.
What does success look like in your first 6 months?
You contributed to delivering your team’s roadmap with high quality. You’ve helped achieve this by collaborating with other team members, and proactively given or asked for help. You’ve identified when reaching out to others outside the team is relevant, and taken steps to include them.
You can explain to others the main problem we’re trying to solve for our users for the product capabilities the AIM team owns, including where it integrates with other ComplyAdvantage systems. You know some of our customers and understand their biggest pain points. You know our future direction and participate in sprint reviews, design meetings and keep up to date with the product research.
You will have contributed your ideas to the architectural evolution of the platform and seen your ideas implemented.
You are continuously researching tools, technologies and practices. You are able to distinguish between what is hype and what is valuable, and you have solid arguments in favour of your proposals.
You can guide the team towards the established goals. Your colleagues have come to value your technical advice, and you are able to identify areas that need improving and drive those improvements.
Who we are looking for
We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and contribute to a positive working environment. You will be able to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Experienced coder in a range of languages and paradigms (we use Python and Java - either one of this languages will be helpful!)
- Experience with high throughput data streaming architectures and technologies - TensorFlow / Pytorch / Spark / Kafka
- Ownership of software from idea inception to production.
- Experience working with tooling for testing, build and deployment pipelines
- Working understanding of logging, monitoring and alerting tooling
- Good communication and written skills including experience producing technical documentation.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team (ML Engineers, SREs, Product)
- Experience managing data models and versioning.
- Working with containerised infrastructure.
- An interest in machine learning
Benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options scheme
- Unlimited Annual Leave
- Flexible working hours
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company health care plan
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully remote working option
- ComplyAdvantage celebrates diversity in our teams, and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. Additionally, we value potential and growth, so if you don’t feel that you fulfil all of the criteria, then you should still feel comfortable to apply and your application will be considered fairly.