- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Data Science
- Financial Services
We are looking for talented Senior and Principal Data Engineers to help us build our internal BI solutions as well as provide insights to our customers. By giving our customers actionable insights, we enable them to be agile with their compliance operations, iterating on how they tune their search and transaction monitoring parameters. You will join the Operational Insights team, be involved in data engineering at scale, and design systems that create insights and analytics from large volumes of data.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $88m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore, and Cluj-Napoca, and are backed by Ontario Teachers’, Index Ventures, and Balderton Capital.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We’re leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
- No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
- We are looking for people to join our team who share our core values...
- Focus on the Team - We’re Collaborative, Human, and Humble
- Kaizen - We’re Curious, Proactive and Agile
- Deliver Results - We’re Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we’re committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment are second to none - Don’t believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor.
You will join as a Senior Data Engineer within the Platform and API engineering vertical. We are looking for someone who understands the properties, use-cases, and subtleties behind the different flavors of databases, computation engines, stream processors, message queues, workflow orchestrators, serialization formats, and other related technologies. When designing solutions, they should be able to make good choices as to which technologies to use and have a vision as to how to make them work together.
You will join one of our empowered teams and help us to make the right technical and architectural decisions as we evolve and scale our systems. As a senior engineer, we will look to you to take a lead in these discussions and bring your ideas as well as solicit and incorporate ideas from others in the team.
We pride ourselves on having an open and collaborative environment within the teams and as well as working on your code, you will help and coach others with their work. You will contribute to the overall success of the team, with a focus on the team’s successful delivery rather than solely at an individual level.
Within the team, we look to engineers to take responsibility for the quality of their code. Engineers are expected to write tests and take ownership of the systems that ensure overall quality. You will not only take part in this but also coach others in the team end to end - from requirements through to production support.
- What does success look like in your first 6 months?
- You contributed to delivering your team’s roadmap with high quality. You’ve helped achieve this by collaborating with other team members, and proactively given or asked for help. You’ve identified when reaching out to others outside the team is relevant, and taken steps to include them.
- You can explain to others the main problem we’re trying to solve for our stakeholders with regards to the product capabilities the team owns, including where it integrates with other ComplyAdvantage systems. You know some of our customers and understand their biggest pain points. You know our future direction and participate in sprint reviews, design meetings and keep up to date with the product research.
- You will have contributed your ideas to the architectural evolution of the platform and seen your ideas implemented.
- You are continuously researching tools, technologies, and practices. You can distinguish between what is hype and what is valuable, and you have solid arguments in favour of your proposals.
- You can guide the team towards the established goals. Your colleagues have come to value your technical advice, and you can identify areas that need improvement and drive those improvements.
Who we are looking for
We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and contribute to a positive working environment. You will be able to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Experienced developer in a range of languages and paradigms.
- Experience with high throughput data streaming architectures and technologies
- Ownership of software from idea inception to production.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to a team (2-5 people), mentor and coach them in skills development
- Experience working with tooling for testing, build and deployment pipelines (setting it up is a plus)
- Working understanding of logging, monitoring, and alerting tooling (setting it up is a plus).
- Experience with cloud-native solutions (AWS is a plus)
- Good communication and writing skills including experience producing technical documentation.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team (Software Engineers, SREs, Product)
- Experience managing data models and versioning.
- Working with cloud based and containerised infrastructure.
- Experience with Data warehousing technology
- Experience with ETL / ELT pipelines
- Experience with Data visualisation tools or libraries
Benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options scheme
- Unlimited annual leave
- Flexible working hours, and remote working opportunity
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company health care plan
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
ComplyAdvantage celebrates diversity in our teams and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. Additionally, we value potential and growth, so if you don’t feel that you fulfill all of the criteria, then you should still feel comfortable to apply and your application will be considered fairly.