- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
We are looking for an amazing Senior Frontend Engineer to join our diverse, collaborative, and fast paced engineering team. You can decide if you would like to be fully remote, or work a few days in the office each week. We’re looking for someone who loves challenges and has an eye for approaching problems from numerous angles. You are someone who advocates for the end user, someone relentless in proposing and developing solutions that keep users at the forefront of our products. Someone who is passionate about frontend standards and best practices. Someone who loves collaboration, and understands that success happens in the context of a team.
More specifically, we are looking for someone with expertise in programming for the web and its various technologies to help us build and scale our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solution and to ultimately help organizations prevent financial crime!
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to fight financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have opened offices in New York, Singapore and Romania, and have grown to over 280 employees, and we’re not stopping there!
We’re leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission, building our platform around AI, Machine Learning and Big Data, meaning that our platform is unrivaled in its capabilities.
- We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
- Focus on the Team We’re Collaborative, Human, and Humble
- Kaizen We’re Curious, Proactive and Agile
- Deliver Results We’re Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We’re committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field and our culture and working environment is second to none - Don’t believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor.
You will primarily be working on the user interface that drives our transaction monitoring product. This platform allows our users to both investigate, review, and remediate alerts that are triggered by our rules engine. Our platform is a full-featured single page application and includes other features such as metrics and reporting visualization, user management, and custom workflows. To do this, you’ll need to work out clear and concise ways of presenting complex data to the users of our software.
- You’ll be working closely with product owners, back-end engineers, designers and UX, both in cross-functional teams and also across the business as a whole.
- What does success look like In your first 6 months?
You have delivered new features and improvements on time with outstanding quality. You’ve been a collaborative and enthusiastic team member, working with people across the team and beyond.
You have gained a deep understanding of the users, business and technology beyond the project. You are always mindful of quality attributes like maintainability, performance, security, scalability, usability and testability. As a result, you have successfully contributed code and ideas to the UI architecture.
Your designs and implementation are clean, elegant, and easily understood by other team members. You add complexity where it is needed, but no more than what is required.
You are continuously researching tools, technologies and practices. You are able to distinguish between what is hype and what is valuable, and you have solid arguments in favour of your proposals.
You can guide the team towards the established goals. Your colleagues have come to value your technical advice, and you are able to identify areas that need improving and drive those improvements.
We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and contribute to an informal working environment. You will be able to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Solid understanding of frontend frameworks including experience using React and Angular.
- The ability to build a client-side application to enterprise grade with security and accessibility in mind.
- Most likely a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or other numerate field - but we will consider applicants with other education backgrounds who have relevant experience.
- Experience with modern build tools such as Webpack, Parcel, or Rollup.
- Experience in and proficiency with Typescript.
- Appreciates Test Driven Development and understands the benefits of the various testing strategies including unit, integration and end-to-end.
Benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include:
Stock options scheme
Flexible working hours
Remote working option
Company Pension Scheme
Company health care plan
Season ticket loan
Cycle to work scheme
ComplyAdvantage celebrates diversity in our teams, and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. Additionally, we value potential and growth, so if you don’t feel that you fulfill all of the criteria, then you should still feel comfortable to apply and your application will be considered fairly.