- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Jul. 4, 2021
- Business Applications
We are looking for a driven, talented Security Engineer with knowledge in AWS to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions, which help organizations fight financial crime! We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists. You will join the Security and Site Reliability Engineering Team, and develop tools and techniques to continuously improve the security of our software products.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers’, Index Ventures, Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We’re leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
- No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
- Focus on the Team - We’re Collaborative, Human, and Humble
- Kaizen - We’re Curious, Proactive and Agile
- Deliver Results - We’re Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we’re committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field.
We are looking for an expert software security engineer to join our S&SRE team. You’ll get involved in:
- Assessing the security of our SDLC and deployed products to help prioritise security engineering work.
- Working with the Site Reliability Engineering team and wider engineering community to build automated security assurance tools into our CI/CD pipeline.
- Ensuring that our AWS infrastructure is secure.
- Building monitoring and compliance tools to verify the integrity of deployed software.
- Evangelising good engineering security practices and driving uptake and awareness across the business.
- What does success look like after 3 months?
- You’ll have gained a clear understanding of how we build software, the tech stack we use and how the engineering organization is structured..
- You should have contributed to the development and release of new or improved security assurance tools that make a material difference to the organisation’s security posture.
- You’ll be able to monitor the integrity of the SDLC and deployed software, and to identify issues and opportunities for improvement.
- You’ll be well on your way to being known as a trusted adviser to the engineering team on software security matters.
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Previous roles focussed on AWS infrastructure and security engineering
- In depth experience with infrastructure automation, using Terraform or similar.
- Knowledge of securing the SDLC and CI/CD/CO pipeline.
- Experience with some or all of Docker, Kubernetes,Kafka, Istio, Ambassador, Gitlab
- Software development experience using open source languages such as Python, PHP, TypeScript etc.
- Knowledge of cyber security standards, e.g. CIS Controls, CSA STAR, OWASP ASVS, BSIMM.
The benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include the below;
Unlimited time off policy
Flexible working opportunities
Paid sick leave
Full remote or hybrid working opportunities
Employee Assistance Programme
Parental leave (Maternity, Paternity and Adoption too)