- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
- Business Applications
We are looking for a driven, talented Product & Privacy Counsel to join our small but mighty legal team. At ComplyAdvantage we are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists. This new role will enable our business teams and help ensure our work and offerings are built and maintained in a way that aligns with applicable privacy obligations around the world.
The right applicant will understand the need to balance excellent legal compliance with a proactive, business-friendly and technically sound approach. They will also be comfortable with change and relish the challenges of being part of a fast paced, highly data-driven digital organization. Our objective is always to fulfill our legal obligations, and we recognize that we can distinguish ourselves by achieving that goal in the smartest and most sensible way. We are looking for someone who can understand and interact with the highest levels of the organization while having a command of the technical details and legal requirements every day.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to fight financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, opened offices in New York, Singapore and Romania, and have grown to over 300 employees, and we’re not stopping there!
We aim to grow to over 400 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 450 customers across 45 different countries. We’re leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission, building our platform around AI, Machine Learning and Big Data, meaning that our platform is unrivaled in its capabilities.
- No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
- Focus on the Team - We’re Collaborative, Human, and Humble
- Kaizen - We’re Curious, Proactive and Agile
- Deliver Results - We’re Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
- We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we’re committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none - Don’t believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor
We are looking for an expert Product and Privacy Counsel to join our Legal team. This is a new role for ComplyAdvantage and you have a real opportunity to make it your own! Day to day we will want you to:
- Collaborate with teams across ComplyAdvantage to help drive a global data protection program and governance structure consistent with relevant laws and regulations.
- Bring a strong working knowledge and experience of working with product counselling and intellectual property and be comfortable providing legal guidance to product and technology stakeholders
- Act as a partner for other in-house counsels on all kinds of data protection and intellectual property matters.
- Draft, implement and communicate policies, processes and templates related to ComplyAdvantages’ data protection and intellectual property practices and actions.
- Offer strategic advice to leadership and teams around privacy and the implications of using personal data as well as advice on global regulations primarily around product and technology enhancements, as well as guidance on ways to minimize legal risks.
- Collaborate with internal partners to respond to requests from regulators, law enforcement and customers where those requests relate to privacy and Intellectual property items.
- Foster the ComplyAdvantage culture of respect for the privacy rights of our customers, employees, creators and business partners.
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- You have relevant experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department.
- You have experience of working in the privacy field and are familiar with the GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy laws,
- You have experience of advising on intellectual property and licensing issues.
- You have experience in the technology sector.
- You have a consistent track record to deliver clear, concise, practical and pragmatic advice.
- You have a strong ability to make risk-based commercial decisions.
- You have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig in on the details of projects and work well as part of a team — both with other lawyers and with non-legal partners.
- You are self-motivated with the ability to identify and do work without being instructed
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High proficiency in English is critical.
The benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include the below;
Unlimited annual leave
Flexible working hours, and remote working opportunity
Company Pension Scheme
Company Health Care Plan
Travel season loan ticket
Cycle to work scheme with Evans Cycles
Training and development budget
ComplyAdvantage is an equal opportunity employer. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background and help make ComplyAdvantage the inclusive company we aspire to be!