- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
We are looking for an outstanding Associate Product Manager to help define and guide our Search and Matching product. You will work closely with the Product Manager, Engineering Lead and the engineering and commercial teams. You will provide critical insight supported by qualitative and quantitative analyses, be able to bridge understanding between technical and non-technical stakeholders, and be able to push our product forward in order to provide the world’s leading name matching solution.
Our Product team sits at the heart of our organisation. They define what we build and why. As a result, our company’s success is directly dependent on their ability to understand what direction we need to go.
We are a Product-first company, employees are given very large degrees of responsibility, and we strive to achieve greater things together.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers’, Index Ventures, Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We’re leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
- No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
- Focus on the Team - We’re Collaborative, Human, and Humble
- Kaizen - We’re Curious, Proactive and Agile
- Deliver Results - We’re Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we’re committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field.
About our Search and Matching team:
We reached our ambition to be in the top 10% of our industry in less than a year on names related to individuals in Latin script and now it’s time to repeat this performance on other languages, company names and aim to become the global standard in the next 3-5 years leveraging AI and linguistics.
We enable our customers to find whether the person they are onboarding presents any risks while minimizing the number of false positives they have to review. The team is in a unique position as it services all products within ComplyAdvantage (from transaction monitoring, transaction screening to onboarding/screening) globally providing a lot of exciting opportunities around the world.
Everything we do is greenfield - joining us at the stage means your work will have a visible impact on the future of ComplyAdvantage.
Define desirable tests through quantitative analysis of our name data (think: should Robert G Mugabe match Robert Mugabe?)
Research how customers search for entities through quantitative and qualitative analysis of our search data (think: what is the most common typo financial institutions in the UK make?)
- Linguistic research for specific countries/regions (think: should WANG Zhifu Ping match James Zhifu WANG?)
- Name equivalence research to enrich our name thesaurus (think: What are all the name variations of Steve?)
- Support the product roadmap, suggest new revenue ideas
- Monitor the regulatory landscape related to name screening and enrich the search test library
- Review and analyse the competitor landscape
- What does success look like after 12 months?
- Have defined and validated a comprehensive set of desirable tests for name matching on company names and non-Latin scripts enabling the team to reach the top 10% in the industry in those areas
- Have defined a coherent set of tactics to reduce false positives coming from names creating lots of false positives (Arabic names, Chinese names,...)
- Seen as a key contributor to the engineering team to help them prioritise features and assess trade offs between false positives and false negatives
- You have a deep understanding of our search products and how Financial Institutions test our product
- Seen as an expert on a key geographic area for name matching
- You’ve failed fast a few times and learnt from it but succeeded most of the time
- Experience working as a Product Manager/ Product Analyst / Data Analyst / Business Analyst
- Experience in management consulting/technology/data-driven company is advantageous
- Experience conducting statistical analysis (e.g. sampling analyses; hypothesis testing) in a non-academic setting
- Data analysis experience using Python, R or another language highly advantageous
- You enjoy working collaboratively to challenge assumptions and refine solutions, always ensuring what we do is what’s best for our customer
The benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include the below;
Unlimited leave policy
Flexible working hours, and remote working opportunity
Company Pension Scheme
Company Health Care Plan
Travel season loan ticket
Cycle to work scheme with Evans Cycles