- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Jun. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
We are looking for a great Engineering Manager to join our Platform and API team to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solution to help organizations prevent financial crime!
We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers’, Index Ventures, Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We’re leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
- No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
- Focus on the Team - We’re Collaborative, Human, and Humble
- Kaizen - We’re Curious, Proactive and Agile
- Deliver Results - We’re Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
- We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we’re committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none - Don’t believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor
You will join the Platform and API team, which is responsible for exposing our data to customers via API and UI, and helping our customers to get quick and accurate information. As the team grows with hiring through 2021 and beyond, we need to increase our manager population to ensure that the people we hire have strong management support to help them thrive within our teams.
As Engineering Manager, you’ll be managing the Engineering Lead and all the developers within your teams. You will be the hiring manager for all open positions within your team, and be responsible for hiring decisions as well as being involved in some stages of the interview process.
You will lead a new team being established to take on responsibility for some key parts of our screening platform. We are hiring into those teams now, and so when you join you will continue that hiring process and grow the teams to fully-staffed teams, guiding the team as they grow.
You will take an interest in the technical direction of the team, and are responsible for sound decisions being made by the Engineering Lead and others within the teams.
You will report to the Director of Engineering, and will work with the other Engineering Managers in the team. Working as a group, you will own cross-team initiatives and improvements.
- What does success look like in your first 6 months?
- You will have successfully taken on management of the Rules Evaluation team, including growing the team by filling the currently open positions within that team.
- You will have an established working relationship with the other engineering managers, and be successfully contributing to the cross-team projects.
- You will be supporting new developers joining your team, ensuring that you create a high-performing, diverse team.
Who we are looking for
We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and contribute to a positive working environment. You will be able to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Experience managing and growing high performing engineering teams
- Experience working with product and commercial organisations
- Experience working in a shared services architecture
- Solid knowledge of engineering best practice, including architecture and testing
- Good communication and writing skills including experience writing technical documentation
Experience coaching/mentoring junior team members
Benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include:
Share options scheme
Unlimited annual leave allowance
Company Pension Scheme
Company health care plan
Season ticket loan
Cycle to work scheme
Training and development budget
ComplyAdvantage celebrates diversity in our teams, and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. Additionally, we value potential and growth, so if you don’t feel that you fulfil all of the criteria, then you should still feel comfortable to apply and your application will be considered fairly.