- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solution to help organizations identify and prevent financial crime! This position is open within the Platform & API team, with the opportunity of remote working.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $88m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore, and Cluj-Napoca, and are backed by Ontario Teachers’, Index Ventures, and Balderton Capital.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We’re leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
- No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
- We are looking for people to join our team who share our core values...
- Focus on the Team - We’re Collaborative, Human, and Humble
- Kaizen - We’re Curious, Proactive and Agile
- Deliver Results - We’re Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
- We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we’re committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment are second to none - Don’t believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor.
- The Role
The Platform & API team delivers the APIs and UIs used by our customers to access our systems. As a contributor to the team, you’ll help us build these systems and give customers the best possible experience.
We strive to have an open and collaborative environment. You’ll be working in a cross-functional team and focus on helping the team deliver value for our customers rather than on individual performance.
Within the team, our engineers own the systems they build and maintain. We all participate in code reviews, client support and contribute to the team’s roadmap.
What success will look like in your first 6 months
You contributed to delivering your team’s roadmap with high quality. You’ve helped achieve this by collaborating with other team members, and proactively given or asked for help. You’ve identified when reaching out to others outside the team is relevant, and taken steps to include them.
You can explain to others the main problem that your team is solving for our users. You know some of our customers and understand their biggest pain points. You listen to customer calls and participate in sprint reviews, design meetings and keep up to date with the product research.
You will have contributed your ideas to the architectural evolution of the platform and seen your ideas implemented.
You are continuously researching tools, technologies, and practices. You are able to distinguish between what is hype and what is valuable, and you have solid arguments in favour of your proposals.
You can guide the team towards the established goals. Your colleagues have come to value your technical advice, and you are able to identify areas that need improvement and drive those improvements.
Who are we looking for?
We value those who demonstrate our core values in their work, have a product mindset, and contribute to a positive working environment. We’re looking for someone who wants to do focus on frontend work and has:
- Good communication and writing skills in English, including experience writing technical documentation
- Willingness to coach/mentor junior team members
- Knowledge and experience designing end-to-end solutions
- Experience designing, consuming, and implementing both public-facing and internal APIs
- Experience of different types of testing and an understanding of the benefits of the various testing strategies
- Experience working with tooling for testing, build, and deployment pipelines (setting it up is a plus) in a continuous deployment environment
- Experience working with logging, monitoring, and alerting tooling (setting it up is a plus)
- Solid understanding of frontend frameworks, including experience using React
Additionally, we value potential and growth, so if you don’t think that you fulfill all of the criteria, we encourage you to apply anyway and your application will be considered fairly.
Benefits of working in ComplyAdvantage
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote working option
- Stock options scheme
- Unlimited Annual Leave
- Flexible working hours
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company health care plan
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
ComplyAdvantage celebrates diversity in our teams and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. Additionally, we value potential and growth, so if you don’t feel that you fulfill all of the criteria, you should still feel comfortable applying, and your application will be considered fairly.