- Date Posted
- Dec. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
We are looking for a great Senior Software Engineer to join our Adverse Information and Media Team to help us build our machine learning based anti-money laundering solution to help organizations prevent financial crime!
We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
About the role
- As a Senior Software Engineer you will
- Be working alongside our ML engineers, data scientists and other software engineers responsible for our Adverse Information and Media product.
- Write new features that enable our platform to understand articles in the media, extract information about individuals, apply ML models to categorise their actions, and merge all this with existing data we hold. Your work will allow our customers to find out who has done something bad, what they did, and when.
- Join one of our scrum teams and help us to make the right technical and architectural decisions as we evolve and scale our systems. As a Senior Software Engineer, we will look to you to sometimes take a lead in these discussions and bring your own ideas as well as solicit and incorporate ideas from others in the team.
- Write tests, and take ownership of the systems that ensure the quality of our code.
- Coach others in the team end to end - from requirements through to production support
- What does success look like in your first 6 months?
You contributed to delivering your team’s roadmap with high quality. You’ve helped achieve this by collaborating with other team members, and have proactively given or asked for help. You’ve identified when reaching out to others outside the team is relevant, and taken steps to include them.
You can explain to others the main problem we’re trying to solve for our users for the product capabilities the AIM team owns, including where it integrates with other ComplyAdvantage systems. You know some of our customers and understand their biggest pain points. You know our future direction and participate in sprint reviews, design meetings and keep up to date with the product research.
You will have contributed your ideas to the architectural evolution of the platform and seen your ideas implemented.
You are continuously researching tools, technologies and practices. You are able to distinguish between what is hype and what is valuable, and you have solid arguments in favour of your proposals.
You can guide the team towards the established goals. Your colleagues have come to value your technical advice, and you are able to identify areas that need improving and drive those improvements.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers’, Index Ventures, Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs.
We aim to grow to over 500 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We’re leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
- No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
- Focus on the Team - We’re Collaborative, Human, and Humble
- Kaizen - We’re Curious, Proactive and Agile
- Deliver Results - We’re Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we're committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none - Don't believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor.
The ideal candidate
We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and contribute to a positive working environment. As a Senior Software Engineer. you will be able to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Experience writing production grade Python/Java applications
- Awareness of a range of languages and paradigms, with the ability to coach/mentor juniors.
- Experience with high scale applications such as APIs dealing with large request volumes, or data processing pipelines
- Experience with Docker/containerisation and cloud infrastructure
- Ownership of software from idea inception to production.
- Experience working with tooling for testing, build and deployment pipelines (setting it up is a plus)
- Working understanding of logging, monitoring and alerting tooling (setting it up is a plus)
- Good communication and written skills including experience producing technical documentation.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team (ML Engineers, SREs, Product)
- Experience managing data models and versioning.
- Working with containerised infrastructure.
- An interest in machine learning
What we are offering you:
- Stock Options- Issued when you start working for us
- Remote Working Opportunity- The UK office is currently in Holborn, Central London. Some of the team work in the office a couple of days a week, others only come in for key meetings a couple of times a quarter. We want people to be able to work in the best environment for them.
- Unlimited Holiday- We want people to take time off and report on how much holiday is being used every month making sure that everyone can rest and recuperate
- Flexible Working Hours- Our ‘standard’ working hours are 9am- 6pm but flexible working is welcome
- £2000 Annual Training Budget- To be used on external training or courses
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Health Care Plan
- Travel season loan ticket and cycle to work scheme
- U don’t feel that you fulfil all of the criteria, then you should still feel comfortable to apply and your application will be considered fairly.
At ComplyAdvantage diversity fuels our rocket ship and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience drives us forward every day. We encourage everyone to apply and aspire to consider every application fairly.