- Date Posted
- Dec. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
We are looking for a great Software Developer to join our Adverse Information and Media Team to help us build our machine learning based anti-money laundering solution to help organizations prevent financial crime!
We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
About the role
- As a Software Developer, you will be
- Working alongside our ML engineers, data scientists and other software engineers responsible for our Adverse Information and Media product.
- Write new features that enable our platform to understand articles in the media, extract information about individuals, apply ML models to categorise their actions, and merge all this with existing data we hold. Your work will allow our customers to find out who has done something bad, what they did, and when.
- Helping us deliver new features and maintain our platform as we apply new technologies and scale our systems.
- Learning quickly and be able to adopt the technologies we use to develop code and deploy it to Kubernetes.
- Contributing to sprint planning and be able to demo the features you’ve worked on to stakeholders.
- Responsible for the quality of your code and will be expected to write tests and take ownership of systems that ensure the quality of our code.
- Adopting best practices (and be able to suggest improvements to them), to get code from initial requirements to deployed services in production.
- Contribute to the overall success of the team, with focus on team rather than individual delivery.
- What does success look like in your first 6 months?
- As a Software Developer you will
- Have collaborated on code and designs with other team members, and proactively asked for help when needed.
- Be able to explain in detail the parts of the pipeline you’ve worked on, including their features and how they’re deployed.
- Be able to explain to others the main problems we’re trying to solve for our users.
- Have participated in sprint reviews, and design meetings.
- Have delivered code that is clearly written, well structured, with good test coverage, and with updated documentation.
- Have supported you as you used the CI pipelines to deploy features to production.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers’, Index Ventures, Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs.
We aim to grow to over 500 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We’re leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
- No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
- Focus on the Team - We’re Collaborative, Human, and Humble
- Kaizen - We’re Curious, Proactive and Agile
- Deliver Results - We’re Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we're committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none - Don't believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor.
Who we are looking for
Software Developer candidates should be able to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- You have experience writing production grade Python or Java applications.
- You have experience writing unit tests and understand the importance of testing - TDD.
- Have experience working with large scalable systems .
- It would be nice if you had experience working in a multi-disciplinary team (ML Engineers, SREs, Product).
- Experience working with cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) or containerised infrastructure (Kubernetes/Docker/Jenkins) would be great, but an understanding of the concepts will help you on your way.
- Worked in an agile environment and experience in pair programming.
What we are offering you:
- Stock Options- Issued when you start working for us
- Remote Working Opportunity- The UK office is currently in Holborn, Central London. Some of the team work in the office a couple of days a week, others only come in for key meetings a couple of times a quarter. We want people to be able to work in the best environment for them.
- Unlimited Holiday- We want people to take time off and report on how much holiday is being used every month making sure that everyone can rest and recuperate
- Flexible Working Hours- Our ‘standard’ working hours are 9am- 6pm but flexible working is welcome
- £2000 Annual Training Budget- To be used on external training or courses
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Health Care Plan
- Travel season loan ticket and cycle to work scheme
- At ComplyAdvantage diversity fuels our rocket ship and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience drives us forward every day. We encourage everyone to apply and aspire to consider every application fairly.