- Cluj-Napoca, RO
- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
As a Desktop Support Engineer, your main responsibility is to ensure IT equipment like laptops & peripherals are set-up correctly, maintained regularly and confidential company data is secured appropriately. You will be the go-to person for the London and New York teams when it comes to hardware and software issues. You will also assist with international IT projects affecting the entire company and utilise modern cloud services such as GSuite, AzureAD & Jira to improve the way employees collaborate.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers’, Index Ventures, Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs.
We aim to grow to over 450 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We’re leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
- No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
- Focus on the Team - We’re Collaborative, Human, and Humble
- Kaizen - We’re Curious, Proactive and Agile
- Deliver Results - We’re Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we’re committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none - Don’t believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor.
About the role - what you will do:
- Work with a 3rd party supplier to arrange the deployment and configuration of computer hardware, operating systems and applications for new joiners
- Set up new users’ accounts & profiles, remediate access issues
- Help our remote workers set up systems or resolve issues
- Buy hardware and software from 3rd party suppliers and ensure sufficient stock levels
- Maintain & troubleshoot system and network problems
- Diagnose and solve hardware or software faults
Replace components when required
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Offer support with hardware issues such as printers, meeting room kits, TVs, monitors etc.
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with internal customers such as software developers
- Work closely with the Finance team to approve IT requests & manage software licenses
- Work closely with the People team on the technical aspects of our employee onboarding strategy
- Drive the adoption of our ticketing system
- Review new software requests from users
- Improve our security configurations, respond to phishing and AV alerts
Assist with company-wide IT projects
The ideal candidate:
- Very comfortable working within a highly technical domain.
- Persistent in resolving impediments to increase the efficiency of our teams
- Able to prioritise efficiently the workload in a context switching environment
- Experience with a variety of desktop operating systems (incl. Windows, Ubuntu or other Linux distributions, macOS)
- Some experience with networking, patch management, information security
- Experience administering cloud systems (e.g. GSuite, Microsoft Intune, AzureAD, MDMs)
Experience with ticketing systems
Experience with scripting (bash, Powershell or other scripting languages)
Problem solving skills
Excellent listening and questioning skills
Strong customer focus
Attention to detail
The benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include the below;
Flexible working hours, and “hybrid” working policy