- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 11, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
Confluent is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our growing team supporting the People Team Org. A successful candidate will have a perfectionist approach to their work while being adaptable to rapidly changing priorities, have a collaborative mindset and team-first approach to the way they operate, be excellent at calendar juggling and maintenance, and be a motivated problem-solver. If this sounds like you, we’d love to review your application!
What you’ll do
- Manage complex and varying day-to-day schedules, using Google Calendar making sure all the relevant information is included on calendar invites
- Flawlessly coordinate internal and external meetings, team events, and off-sites
- Maintain Expensify and work closely with Finance on closing this aspect of the books
- Exercise strong judgment and discretion with confidential information
- Approach every day with a GSD (Get Stuff Done) attitude and prioritize for the long-term success of the business; proactive optimization, documentation, and automation (where possible) will be at the core of success in this role
- Be willing to dive into the trenches and do whatever necessary to get the ball across the line
- Manage domestic and international travel (including coordination of visas, transportation, lodging, logistics, etc.)
What we’re looking for
- A strong sense of ownership and ability to work independently
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to adapt and work well with all employees
- Quick learner with the ability to think on your feet and confidently make decisions; not afraid of curveballs or ambiguity and flexible to change
- Extremely detail-oriented and well organized with a proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with a large group and manage a great deal of information, tasks, and relationships
- Self-starter with excellent personal organization technique and strong time management skills
- Experience with Google Calendar (GSuite), Confluence, Salesforce, TripActions, and/or Expensify is a plus!
- 1+ years experience in an administrative role, preferably in a technology start-up environment
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.