- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
- Business Development
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
Confluent is seeing a Senior Manager of Corporate Development to assist in the evaluation and execution of inorganic growth opportunities globally. The person in this role will contribute to all aspects of potential M&A transactions and investments; strategy formation, developing business cases, financial modeling, and deal execution. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Development, this position is critical in supporting Confluent’s inorganic growth efforts throughout the entire M&A lifecycle.
What you’ll do
- Lead the evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives including acquisitions, investments, divestitures, and strategic projects & partnerships opportunity evaluation and assessment
- Financial modeling and valuation
- Business case development
- Diligence & issue resolution
- Transaction execution & integration
- Effectively partner with teams and Corporate Development colleagues
- Prepare and deliver presentations to team leaders and senior management
- Source, research, and recommend potential M&A and strategic opportunities
- Monitor and assess market participants and trends in the analytics, data management, artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, and RPA markets
What we’re looking for
- MBA and work experience of 8+ years with 3+ years in corporate development and/or a background in investment banking or private equity
- Excellent financial analysis and valuation skills, including an understanding of merger/acquisition analysis and related issues
- Excellent business sense and ability to understand and resolve complex business issues
- Interact and influence across all levels within and outside our company
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to present to executive management
- Ability to assimilate and work with multiple teams within the company
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and financial modeling best-practices
- Collaborative work style
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.