- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Business Development
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a Field Business Development Manager (“FBDM”) to develop and lead our SEMEA (Spain and Italy) field engagements with partners. Apache Kafka™ and Confluent are powering the transformation to real-time business across various industries and that is having a profound impact on traditional business. This shift is opening up unprecedented opportunities across industries from Financial Services, Healthcare to Manufacturing and Retail. This market shift offers a significant opportunity for Partners to build practices and solutions based on the Confluent Platform, on prem and in the cloud, that leverages their regional, industry and technology integration assets.
We are seeing a significant increase in the partner ecosystem interest in SEMEA (Spain and Italy) to work with Confluent. We need someone to join the team who is willing to jump in and execute on the current opportunities while building the relationships and engagement to drive our partner business to the next level of success
- Work with the Global Partner teams to manage the field execution with Global Systems Integrator, Cloud Partners and Tech Alliances Partners.
- Recruit, Develop and drive partner business with Regional Systems Integrators in the region.
- Work with sales leadership to develop partner strategy and plan to support execution in the region.
- Develop and execute business plans & pipeline with key partners.
- Work closely with Confluent sales teams to develop and execute key opportunities with partners.
- Drive recruitment and enablement with target partners in the region, support other partner requirements as necessary.
- Work with Confluent’s Partner Solutions Architect and Marketing to enable partners to develop, launch and support Confluent based solutions and services.
Key Performance Metrics and Indicators:
- Portfolio of certified and productive partners able to support the region’s business.
- Bookings generated through co-selling and influence of Partner portfolio.
- Leads and opportunity sourced through engagement with partners.
- Confluent based business solutions developed by partners.
- Ability to work well with the partners and Confluent sales organisation
- Enablement of key partners and development of key partners per sales sub-region.
- Partner satisfaction and loyalty.
Experience and Education:
- Proven experience in Channel Partner Management or Business Development. Direct sales experience is strongly preferred.
- Track record working with Global SI (“GSI”), Regional SI (“RSI”) and Cloud players (GCP, Azure and/or AWS) as well as their cloud focused RSI, in joint GTM.
- Familiarity with the big 3 cloud players offerings and GTM approach
- Ability to connect and articulate business and technology strategy.
- The right attitude - Self starter and has the ability to work independently with a strong sense of urgency and passion to make great things happen.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving customer-led culture is essential.
- A positive, can-do and pragmatic approach.
- Ability to multi-task and keep a number of actions moving forward at once.
- Strong cross functional collaboration skills required - both internally & with the partners.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Experience in enterprise software required.
- Experience in selling enterprise messaging, data or analytics products is preferred.
- Working in Open Source software models is preferred.
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka and/or other streaming data platforms preferred
- Knowledge of Big Data, stream processing technologies and/or ecosystems preferred
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.