- Date Posted
- Sep. 21, 2021
- Business Development
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The demand for Confluent Services is growing rapidly around the globe and we need talented, bright, and driven people to grow and enable our SI partners. If you have previous consulting or architecting experience and are excited by the idea of being part of a new team that will have a huge impact on Confluent’s growth we want to hear from you.
This is a chance to work as a Partner Enablement Specialist in a newly formed team, with high visibility and significant impact. To be successful you most likely will have experience working in a consultancy architecting and engineering solutions to tough technical challenges. Exposure to training technical people is an advantage but the ability to communicate new technology crisply and with passion is the key skill.
Ideally you have hands-on experience with Kafka/Confluent but with our internal expertise we can ramp you quickly on this if you have in-depth knowledge of software architecture and messaging technologies. In this role, you will help enable developers, administrators, and architects at key partners to help grow and scale Confluent’s services organization. You will have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching, with enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive partner relationships. You will have excellent communication skills and proven technology experience.
We are building a hub in Barcelona so ideally you will be based nearby but equally this role can be successfully delivered remotely form anywhere in the country.
In this role you will:
- Develop and deliver technical enablements to key partners
- Help create a program to certify delivery ready partners
- Ensure partners are successful in positioning and delivering Confluent solutions
- Conduct skills gap analyses to identify areas of improvement.
- Create an engaging learner experience in each enablement class with various enablement strategies.
- Measure and report on enablement program KPI’s and success metrics
- Help maintain and use existing enablement material Work with key vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective enablement content.
- Assist in the development of a formalised Train-the-Trainer program.
What we are looking for:
- Broad technical skills and industry experience
- 5+ years working in partner & customer facing sales engineering roles
- Demonstrated experience architecting solutions for enterprise customers and partners
- Experience with some of the related messaging, streaming and ETL products commonly in the enterprise
- Background in cloud, enterprise software and/or system integration
- Familiarity with Linux, Java, and software design principles
- Experience operating within and across cross-functional teams including product management, engineering, sales marketing, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with a focus on identifying shared business value around complex software solutions
- Curiosity, coupled with the ability to quickly investigate and assess new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Ideally you will:
- Have a Consulting background and/or experience implementing enterprise software projects from scoping to post-production expansion
- Be self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of projects.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to distil complex subject matter to key points and communicate to multiple audiences effectively
- Have highly developed relationship-building skills, and ability to impact change through influence
- Have an analytical mind and strong quantitative skills, capable of leveraging data to convey key insights
- Demonstrate a strong “stage presence” and ability to engage and manage a group.
- Be comfortable in rapidly changing environments
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
- Hard working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.