- Illinois, US
- Date Posted
- Dec. 9, 2021
- Business Development
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a Senior Partner Manager to develop and lead our Americas Central territory with partners.. Apache Kafka™ and Confluent are powering the transformation to real-time business across various industries and that is having a profound impact on traditional business. This shift is opening up unprecedented opportunities across industries from Financial Services, Healthcare to Manufacturing and Retail. This market shift offers a significant opportunity for Partners to build practices and solutions based on the Confluent Platform, on-prem, and in the cloud, that leverages their regional, industry, and technology integration assets.
We are seeing a significant increase in the partner ecosystem interest to work with Confluent. We are looking for someone to join the Partner & Alliances team to execute on the current opportunities while building the relationships and engagement to drive our partner business to the next level of success.
Locations: IL, TX, MN, MI, OH, WI
- Work with the Global Partner teams to manage the field execution with Cloud Partners, Global Systems Integrator (GSIs), Regional Systems Integrators (RSI), and Technology/Alliances Partners
- Recruit, develop, and drive partner business in region
- Work with Area sales leadership to develop a partner strategy and execute the plan in-region
- Develop and execute business plans & pipeline with key partners
- Work closely with Confluent sales teams to develop and drive key opportunities with Partners
- Drive recruitment and enablement with target partners in the region, support other partner requirements as necessary
- Work with Confluent’s Partner Solutions Architects and Marketing teams to enable partners to develop, launch and support Confluent based solutions and services
Key Performance Metrics and Indicators:
- Bookings generated through co-selling and influence by partners
- Leads and opportunity sourced through engagement with partners
- Portfolio of certified and productive partners able to support the region’s business
- Confluent based business solutions developed by partners
- Ability to work well with the partners and Confluent sales organization Enablement of key partners and development of key partners in region
- Partner satisfaction and loyalty
Requisite Experience and Education:
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years of related experience in Channel Partner Management or Business Development.
- Direct sales experience is strongly preferred.
- Track record working with Global SI (“GSI”), Regional SI (“RSI”), and Cloud players (GCP, Azure, and/or AWS) as well as their cloud-focused RSI, in joint GTM.
- Familiarity with the big 3 cloud players offerings and GTM approach
- Ability to connect and articulate business and technology strategy.
- The right attitude - Self-starter and has the ability to work independently with a strong sense of urgency and passion to make great things happen.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving customer-led culture is essential.
- A positive, can-do, and pragmatic approach.
- Ability to multi-task and keep a number of actions moving forward at once.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills required - both internally & with the partners.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in enterprise software required.
- Experience in selling enterprise messaging, data or analytics products is preferred.
- Working in Open Source software models is preferred.
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka and/or other streaming data platforms preferred
- Knowledge of Big Data, stream processing technologies, and/or ecosystems preferred
- BA/BS degree required. MBA Preferred.
- CA-AM and CSAP certification preferred.
At Confluent, diversity and inclusion are part of our DNA. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.