- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Confluent is seeking a Billing Analyst who is self-motivated and has great verbal and written communication skills. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for high volume billing including invoicing Professional Services and Training for our customers who range from Fortune 500 corporations to smaller companies. This person will partner with Collections to achieve company DSO goals, building Billing metrics, and implementing automation tools and processes.
We are ideally looking for a candidate with 3+ years of billing experience and an understanding of collection procedures in a high-growth software or SaaS-based environment. Attention to detail, follow-through, and planning are keys to success in this role. Since we are a fast-paced, high-growth company, we are looking for an independent and effective team player to join our team and help drive our growth.
- Timely review and processing of Sales Order Billing Configuration and Invoicing in NetSuite
- Create and maintain billing schedules in NetSuite, as necessary. Work with NetSuite Admin team to solve custom billing requests
- Calculate adjustments and generating credit memos / re-invoicing, as necessary
- Ensure adherence to non-standard/customer-specific invoicing and billing requirements (including third-party billing portals)
- Own the maintenance of the customer billing record in NetSuite, documenting and updating all customer-specific invoicing and billing requirements
- Manage pay-as-you-go refund process including communication and issuance of customer refunds
- Partner cross-functionally with Credit & Collections, Revenue Accounting, Tax and Sales Operations to resolve customer invoicing issues and inquiries
- Ensure all customers are invoiced timely, accurately, and within Company close timelines
- Month-end reconciliation of Salesforce, NetSuite ERP, and any other applicable billing systems
- Provide guidance to business partners on future billing schedules based off of reporting out of NetSuite
- Provide invoicing support to external auditors
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of a high volume billing experience and understanding of collection procedures
- Experience managing high volumes of multiple billing types including professional services, training, and usage-based billing
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with a high volume of invoices and customers
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, detail-oriented and appreciation for accuracy
- Experience with Netsuite and Salesforce systems
- Intermediate Excel skills
- G-Suite and Collections ERP experience a plus
- Commitment to excellent customer service
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.