- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
At Confluent, People are at the heart of everything we do. We’re now building our first ever People Analytics function to help the People Team and our Leaders make more informed decisions through robust analytics!
About the Role
Confluent is seeking a Senior Analyst to help scale our People Analytics function. We’re a data-driven organization with a mission to support Confluent’s business strategy by delivering meaningful programs, tools and data insights to enable a highly productive and engaged workforce. This role will own dashboards and reports while developing within the People Team, proactively identify opportunities to improve people practices and programs, and drive analyses and research to find the biggest levers for impact across the org. This role will report directly to the Manager of People Analytics. Someone who will be successful in this role has a “we” versus “I” mentality, builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the organization, invites input from others, and shares ownership.
- Design people dashboards, reports, KPIs, and metrics at scale while executing against the people analytics roadmap.
- Cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders across the People team and organization to understand people data needs.
- Collaborate with People Operations, PBPs, Talent, DEI, and L&D to understand process fundamentals and structure data, and report data to drive insights and improvements
- Develop the insights to help People team and business leaders understand and support our workforce
- Partner with internal/external stakeholders to understand customer requirements for report requests, understand data structures, availability, and reporting limitations
- Develop, test, and validate dashboards for various business partners and leaders (work closely with HRIS, data science)
- Train and educate on data metrics and dashboards
- Ensure accuracy and final quality review of all products/reports
- Support new system implementations from discovery to launch.
- Document and implement data workflows, process maps, etc. as required.
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum of 3 years in analytic roles, preferably at high-growth companies
- Demonstrable skill and experience in People/Talent/Workforce Analytics and/or consulting experience in People/Talent/Workforce Analytics
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and presentation) interfacing with all levels of the organization
- Exceptional project management skills, the ability to track and manage complex processes, and a desire to lead multiple projects Experience using Workday, including Workday analytics, dashboards, or reporting
- Integration experience a plus
- Automation experience a plus
- You have a growth mindset and are eager to expand your skill set
- You display adaptability, resilience, and the ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Self-starter with a high level of discretion with highly sensitive/confidential data
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.