- Texas, US
- Date Posted
- Jan. 5, 2022
- Business Intelligence
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a Senior Deal Desk Analyst to join our global team. Reporting to the Sr Manager of Deal Desk, you will support our sales teams with quotes, contracts, and pricing and have an opportunity to work cross-functionally throughout our organization. For this role, an analytical mindset and attention to detail are imperative.
- Manage complex, nonstandard deals with multiple cross-functional partners
- Provide stakeholders with deal analysis and visibility into contract complexity.
- Advise sales on deal structures, pricing strategies, commercial terms, and approvals
- Partner with Sales to ensure opportunities are properly created and tracked in Salesforce including stage, probability, booking amount, and various other required fields
- Craft intelligent deal structures that increase revenue while mitigating contractual risks
- Partner with Revenue and Legal teams to craft contractual language to ensure transactions comply with revenue recognition and business operational policies
- Drive consistency across deal process by helping to optimize, streamline, and align quote-to-cash processes
- Monitor deal progress and support Sales with closing bookings
- Support the organization with special projects as needed
Required Skills / Experience:
- 3+ yrs of Experience in Deal Desk, Sales Ops, contracts, and/or pricing
- Experience supporting and advising SaaS and On-Prem Sales teams
- Experience partnering closely with cross-functional teams such as Sales, other SalesOps team members, Legal, and Finance colleagues
- Experience working with remote sales and business partner teams
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate information across teams
- Proven project management experience and ability to own and run deals end-to-end
- Organized, strong attention to detail, and goal oriented
- Ability to work independently and multitask effectivelyInnate curiosity and not afraid to ask thoughtful questions
- Energetic, dedicated, and ambitious
- Salesforce CPQ experience preferred
- Strong understanding of ACV / TCV / REN
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.